• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walker revisited....

11 posts in this topic

Many moons ago I posted a walker... I had just bought and ask for grade opinions.... I took some pics, which I later decided sucked.. lol anyhow Here are some newer better pics. What do you think???

37ww.jpg37wwr.jpg

Smaller pic closer to life size.....

37wws.jpg37wwrs.jpg

It looks like an MS-64 to me. There are some small tick marks, the strike is a trifle weak in the center of the reverse and the luster does not blaze away. All of these elements are needed for one these coins to get an MS-65 or higher.

The certification companies to do not spend a lot time of agonizing over the MS numbers for these coins. So you could end up with as little as an MS-62 (low probability) and as much as an MS-65. If you look at common date Walkers carefully, you will see some really nice coins in MS-64 and sometimes MS-63 holders and some really disappointing ones in MS-65 holders. If the registry points are not your goal, you can find some bargains in MS-63 and especially 64 holders.

I like Bills answer and possibly a 64 with this. There are a few nics going on in the fields along with a bad scratch on the Rev on the bottom of the eagles feather.Nice looking Walker though Bruce!

Are the obverse and reverse different colors like that, or is that a difference in lighting/ photo techniques? If it is closer to the obverse color, I really like it. If it is closer to the reverse color, I like it but not as much.

Unless the images are hiding something (always a possibility, even with excellent images) the coin looks like a solid MS65 to me. It's strike, luster and (clean) surfaces all appear to be more than adequate for an MS65.

Bruce---- Don't know if I answered this one before or not? But I basically agree with Bill Jones. I usually do. In addition to his comments, there is a scratch on the lower feathers of the Eagle that bothers me. In addition the area between the Sun and around the "L" of Liberty bothers me too. Looks like a light scratch there with some noticable hits there. For his and these reasons, I give it a 64 with these pictures. Still, a decent coin. Bob [supertooth]

Unless the images are hiding something (always a possibility, even with excellent images) the coin looks like a solid MS65 to me. It's strike, luster and (clean) surfaces all appear to be more than adequate for an MS65.

I agree with Mark in every respect. Beautiful coin.