• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got the new $20!!!

4 posts in this topic

Stopped at the bank today to make a deposit, and they had them there. Odd though, since they are series 2004 (I can only imagine the trouble if the mint released the 2004 proof sets this year!). I don't really like the design, the numbers are the color of the background making it look like the bill was dipped in ink, and there are all these little yellow "20"s on the back that I think look like a swarm of bees.

Ive noticed a ton of the new $20 TV ads this weekend. I ve watched alot of college football games the past few days and they 'super-imposed' the new $20 on the football fields during the games (between plays) and then the football announcers tell you all about it. Then during the commercial breaks, its another ad for the $20! Why is the government spending SOOO much money on advertising for this??? My wife says its because people wont think its a fake. If thats true, why didnt they spend a little more advertising on the Sac dollar? I am amazed at the people I meet who have never even seen a Sac dollar. Maybe the Sac would have fared a little better if they had advertised it more. Im not a huge fan of the Sac, but I do like using them in purchasing things. It sucks that you have to tell the cashier what the hell it is. tonofbricks.gif