• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supertooth's "Doc's Walkers" Registry Set get Award

18 posts in this topic

I would like to congatulate Supertooth for his Best Set Presented Award for 2007 and if you hadn't please take a look at his very nice Walkers and his exceptional images. Thanks Bob for everything you do for this hobby and me :golfclap:

Doc's Walkers

DD

Congratulations!!!! What an incredible collection :applause: The commentary is even more incredible. Thank you for sharing your expertise and passion (worship)

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Want to thank all the folks for their kind thoughts. My registry set would never have been started without the constant urging of my son, Dave. The second part of the set was hurried along to NGC for grading because my dear friend, D.D., encouraged me to get it done. And, nothing could EVER have been done without my dear wife, Barb, who has bought the digital camera and learned enough about pictures and the computer to get it all done. If left to this old retired dentist alone, everyone would be viewing a blank screen.

Want to thank the NGC folks for noticing what I have been trying to do. That being to show folks that a decent set can be built without an overabundance of money. You just need a lot of patience and knowledge about your desired collecting set. Some dedication to the ultimate goal is also required. It does bring a sense of pride to know that you have accomplished something nice. A set from which anyone and everyone can learn something. I'm humbled that it has turned out as well as it has----course I do have a few improvements yet to make to the set. Will do the very best that I can to make the set even better. Thanks to all of you for giving me a reason to do it. Bob [supertooth]

Bob, it's been a pleasure discussing with you over the last seven years the joys of collecting the WLH's. Your patience and persistence has certainly paid off in a big way, and you did it your way. If NGC was smart they would hire you to be their off site walker grader. Keep up the search for those hidden gems, I'm sure you will find more. Again congratulation on the blue ribbon award, you deserve it. Gary

Bob,

An absolutely wonderful set and achievement, congratulations and thank you for all of you contributions to these forums and to us individually as you have always been so gracious to do.

Rey

Very well done Bob! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Your hard work shows through, cool set too. (thumbs u

Nice reading through your descriptions, this may help nudge me towards working on my type set, which needs work. Lots of work.

Bob: Congratulations for a lot of perserverance and hard work. I appreciate the challenge of obtaining some Walker dates in legitimate VF or better condition. The award couldn't go to a more worthy person.