• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you like barber halves?

9 posts in this topic

..... Like them ? I love them. I can't afford to assemble uncirculated coins by date and mint mark, and I have strived to assemble very choice almost uncirculated coins with light original toning and am on my way to a very respectable set.

.....I have not imaged any of my coins yet. Sorry. cloud9.gif

.....Oh ! My favorite Barber Half is my most recent find, a 1904-S - PCGS 55, with very light golden toning. It set me back quite a bit, but if you forgret "trends" & "grey sheet", it didn't hurt too badly.

....A very nice PCGS 1904-S - PCGS 45, just sold last week on e-bay for $2,200.00. 893whatthe.gif

Do I like Barber halves ? Hmmm, gues I should think about that. lol!!!!!

I'm not rich, I will never be able to afford a complete set of barber halves in the condition I like so i get a piece here & their as my modest budget allows, but the time my dream coin became available happened to be in my best financial year ever and even then I had to streeeeeeetch to get it.

My 1892 S Barber Half in mint state 66 is the prize of my collection and unless I win the lottery, I never expect to buy a coin that expensive again. But I sure don't regret getting this one, [psorry no pics.

Les