• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! the other side is fine, but...

40 posts in this topic

but watch out for fake people. I was banned form across the street recently. I voiced my opinion on some things noone wanted to hear. Lets go over some of them for clearification...

1. I said I didnt like the first strike labels. So what, thats my opinion.

2. I never called anyones personal life or lack there of into question.

3. I didnt need the last word, I just thought my voice should be heard equally to everyone elses.

4. I didnt attack anyone for nothing, the few people I did argue with were saying personal things and wouldnt defend why they were saying such things.

5. I questioned a senior posters intent. IM GLAD I DID. The guy had a financil stake in the company that was being discussed by the forum. He didnt like my statments and needed to have me banned.

The number of people over there that really like what I had to say or just liked a young guy being really into coins, shows me I was NOT in the wrong.

If I generated $50 mil a year for P--S you can bet I wouldnt be banned.

Thank you to the guys over there defending me and that are real people.

Now to the few who have something to say about me, They are here posting aswell so I know they will see this.

I may be very blunt and opinionated, but I dont lie. You act like a buddy(to some extent) and bash me when I cant defend myself. Of corse I will stick up for myself.

I am 26, not 46. Yes I may fly off the handle now and then, but atleast I dont cover things up and lie. All I wanted was to know why certain people said certain things ABOUT ME? If thats not ok on a OPEN COIN FORUM, point me in the right direction.

I took the 5 minutes to right this because I was being called into question over there and needed to say something on my behalf.

The 3 guys over there that are bashing me can stay there and have there fun ganging up on a newbi. I saw them do it before and they will do it again.

I dont want to be apart of that club.

If defending yourself puts you in the wrong, then in the wrong I will be.

To those of you who have no idea what is going on, I am formerly known as ahooka across the street. I guess some of my contributions over there are appreciated. I guess my opinons arent that of a multi millionaire who trashes everyone elses coins.

To those of you that helped me or just said some nice things about me, THANK YOU. it does mean alot.

I am sorry for this carring over to hear but I cant defend myself over there.

I like that this forum is open and what seems to be fair and fun to all. Including newbs.

I dont even bother going over there .. well maybe just to advertise stuff I am selling :)

This Heaven - Over there is H...

Why Bother

thanks, i see that too. its very nice over here. no drama. sorry for having to post this thread. i just cant have people talking bad about me and not say anything. i just cant as a man. this issue will not b brought up again for any reason. i am sorry.

thanks for listening to me and hearing what i have to say.

I go over occasionally. ATS is just too fast paced for me. I find that this side has more informative and to the point posting as to ATS which has alot of BS in between the good stuff.It really just gets too hard to shuffle thru junk posts most of the time. I've also noticed many times that there are some very rude people over there. I don't post much there and when I do, it's just a quick point of view to keep the heat off me. I've seen alot of posters only have sarcasm for someone asking legit questions. To me, this is no help at all. Most of the replies I've seen looks as though they have been responded by jevenile delinquents.There are members over there that I've seen giving great information, but the majority, in my opinion, should learn to be more respectful. JMO

BTW, I have seen you post ATS bajablu, I remember your ATS name. Don't remember your posts but I haven't seen what I've described from you, since you've been here. Thank you!

I wrote this about you, which is the absolute truth-

It's not hard to figure out why he was banned as long as you actually read his posts. He was very quick to fly into a rage, used masked obscenities in his posts and also used non-masked obscenities in his posts. That behavior will get one banned rather quickly.

There is no personal agenda in what I wrote, rather, a number of folks were involved in conjecture as to why you might be missing and I thought that those who were not familiar with your more combative side might benefit from this insight. You are free to disagree with what I wrote, but I also have your posts saved so I can quote you directly regarding this issue and give examples of it from the PCGS boards.

tom, i wasnt talking about you. i like you alot. you gave me some wonderful advice about some coins when i first came on over there. you are one of the good guys in my book. sorry if it seemed like i was refering to you. i wasnt.

im not trying to call anyone into question, i just wanted to ggive my side. thats all.

im sure i flew off the edge, but with good reason. i dont dislike anyone, i just dont like some of the judgments of some. like i said, your one of the good guys.

I questioned a senior posters intent. IM GLAD I DID. The guy had a financil stake in the company that was being discussed by the forum. He didnt like my statments and needed to have me banned.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you're not talking about me here.

all i was saying in my op is that someone there didnt like what i was saying. thats fine with me, i know i may have different thoughts and opinions. i just dont want to be thought of as a guy that is overheatded. i know i can be a handfull at times, but who here hasnt? all i meant was that i have no ill will towards anyone. for anything. i just feel that i should be qable to have opinions too. no harm meant to anyone.

wow, i should slow down in my typing. hahahaha thats funny. sorry about that.

well tdn you have me cracking up again. thanks i needed that.

let me ask you something to keep this coin related, if one wanted to start a circ. set of trade dollars, what would you recomend? i dont really have alot of experiance in them, but i have seen many. they seem like a really fun set to try and build?

thanks for any help in advance...

awesome. my friends mom had a 75-s and she cherished it for many years. like i said i am not expert but i knew instantly it was a fake. it darn near broke her heart. the stars were misplaced and the face was almost drawn on with a chisle. she was very upset till i brought her a ms63 in a ngc slab for her birthday. it wasnt anything special, but it made her day.

i really like the trade dollar proofs, but know they may be alittle more of a reach for me than the regular issues.

i do very much appreciate the advice. i was also curious if the pieces with chop marks are frowned upon? or will they even slab? i like stuff like that and counter stamps, i feel it gives them alittle history. your thoughts if you dont mind...

really, figures. i would assume that a coin faker would see that as a more realistic look. its a shame but i know why they do that.

thanks for the advice. would they slab? i know its post mint, but thats what they what happened to some, are they gradable still?

Chopmarked Trade dollars will certify if they are otherwise essentially problem-free. In other words, if they have only been dipped, along with the chopmarks, PCGS and NGC will slab them. Here is one that I own that is original and has 37 (if I recall correctly) obverse chopmarks and one reverse chopmark. The coin is currently in a PCGS F15 holder. The image was a bit of a bear to keep in focus since the coin is actually bent in a somewhat concave manner from the repeated obverse chops.

J1875CCP15.jpg

J1875CCP15R.jpg

wow, tom 37! thats awesome. the pics didnt work i got red x's but thanks for the help. i think i will start a set of chopped marked circulated trade dollars. very fun. thanks guys. i love how bad turns into good with coins. thank you guys.

there they go. those are some of the coolest coins ive ever seen.. i have seen chop marks before, but nothing that amazing. WOW! thank you somuch tom for those. wow,wow,wow

really. this sounds like a very fun arena of collecting. are there any big dealers of this type of stuff out there with a good selection? these i wouldnt be buying on ebay till i knew what i was doing.

thanks for the help.

sounds like it. i will stick to slabbed pieces first and fully delve into the series. it sounds very interesting. i know all the good books that are out there for the most part, but are there any i should get for these specifically?

Thanks again guys for all the help, and getting me into what seems to be another wonderful series...

I questioned a senior posters intent. IM GLAD I DID. The guy had a financil stake in the company that was being discussed by the forum. He didnt like my statments and needed to have me banned.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you're not talking about me here.

TDN, you are indeed a magnanimous individual! :)

Adam, good to see you patching things up with people from ATS. Looks like you learned a thing or two in the process as well. I hope everything works out for you.

Best regards,

Bajablu.....the people here are much more gracious, less judgemental, and more than willing to ask questions first, and THEN shoot. I just re-read a thread that is about you....with the 'Millions and Millions of Ahooka fans...' (doing my best The Rock, from the WWF/WWE... impersonation). There are way more that did/do like you and cant understand what you did to get banned. Now, there are those select few that were just their same old selves. Most miss you there, and cant understand what got you banned (THAT should tell you alot in and of itself....you arent a bad guy...but at 26, no offense, but you s**k, as I got 20 years on you...lol). As I said, alot cant seem to understand what got you banned....but then there are those that post things like the following, and we can begin to see that maybe it wasnt WHAT you said but who DIDNT LIKE what you said (ever notice there are a bunch of Judge Smails ATS, and plenty of Danny Noonans/Al Czervick's here? (Caddyshack reference...those that got it and laughed, aces in my book...those that needed it explained, or knew about it but found it humorless, it must be a slow morning ATS):

Ahooka could have been ok but, imho, he was too quick to attack if he didn't like how someone worded something. Too much paranoia and needing the last word.

Hopefully, he chilled and will enjoy the NGC boards.

or this one....

Indeed- I'm surprised that so many people didn't recognize that he became shrill at the drop of a hat- I remember he started SCREAMING THAT A MEMBER WAS GAY!!! because he didn't like the viewpoint of that person. I mean, grow up already.

No need to go any farther, Bajablu, do I.....anyone who visits both sides of the street knows who uttered those italic quotes...and they are quotes...anyone who visits both sides of the street knows who needs to steal whos milk/lunch money.....its almost like over there is the advanced placement classes and if you dont fit in, or agree, with the eclectic (eccentric?) ways of the old guard (isnt it an old boys network in the classic sense? disagree/step out of THEIR line, and the will try to do what they can to get you banned simply because you arent a 'stepford numismatist'. But, remember, Bajablu...more people like you than dont....to hell with those that dont like you (not everyone likes me, but that couldnt bother me less...I have close family and friends and thats good enough for me....anyone new that crosses my path and wants to take the time to get to know me, great, as one can never have too many friends....and to those people that are just thumb/nose wavers by nature, ignore them, Bajablu.....you are OK in my book!!!

Lastly, how on earth can ANYONE not like a guy that is so taken with BONGO-BONGO (BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES),,,,that is funny stuff, Bajablu, FUNNY stuff!!! You always have a fan in me, Baja......and you wont find me ATS much, unless I lurk to see who the latest victims the 'elitists' have upon.

I hope you find BONGO-BONGO Bajablu! Peace, and we will chat again!!!!

Shrill at the drop of a hat...can you believe that one? THAT is almost as funny as something that came from BONGO!!!!!! lol