• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Early Commem Set... to date

11 posts in this topic

Here's how my Commem set is coming along. Slowly but surely. I'm glad the prices have stayed down on these as I've been putting this together as it makes it a little easier to acquire them.

Some of the pics are from the pros and the pics that aren't so hot are from me :(

It's been fun so far and I've learned some history about each piece along the way.

Thanks to those of you here who have helped me over the last 2 years. I appreciate it.

10Commem.jpg

Richard, it looks as if you are off to a good start. (thumbs u

I love the diversity and history, as well as the affordability of high grade examples of many issues, that classic commemoratives offer. Take your time, as there will be plenty of opportunities, and enjoy!

argh Its coins like these that make me second guess my divestiture of my Classic Silver Commem Set ...

Love the Isabella ... its a beut!

It looks like you are off to a great start (thumbs u assuming that the Connecticut and Oregon Trail pieces are not purple, which I take it must be from the photos. I especially like the Monroe because those coins are really hard to find in attractive condition, and the color on the Isabella quarter.

It looks like you are off to a great start (thumbs u assuming that the Connecticut and Oregon Trail pieces are not purple, which I take it must be from the photos. I especially like the Monroe because those coins are really hard to find in attractive condition, and the color on the Isabella quarter.

Thanks for the compliments all !

The Connecticut and Oregon.... are my pics... lol Actually the Connecticut has a lot of burgandy color to it, but not as the pic displays. The Oregon is actually a very attractive coin in hand with some fairly vibrant rim toning.

One of these days I'll send them off to be photographed better.

Thanks again.

Those are some nice looking Classics. My only suggestion is to buy the hard to find issues next. The more common issues are far easier to locate. The problem occurs when you wait to collect the more expensive issues, then realize you cannot afford them to match the rest of your set. :(