• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Care to guess the grade?

23 posts in this topic

Reverse looks awesome, the obverse has me wondering. I think the images may be hiding something. From the images, there is nary a mark almost anywhere on the coin, so I'm a little apprehensive to hazard an estimate. I'll go on the safe side and say MS63.

Reverse looks awesome, the obverse has me wondering. I think the images may be hiding something. From the images, there is nary a mark almost anywhere on the coin, so I'm a little apprehensive to hazard an estimate. I'll go on the safe side and say MS63.
Actually, that wasn't a safe guess at all, as from the images, you have all but guaranteed that you got it wrong (and probably by more than a point). ;) I'll go with MS66 and will be shocked it it grades less than MS65.

I like the looks of this morgan. I would have to say MS66. I would almost go as far as 67 but I think I'm seeing a couple nics on the obv to stop it. Nice Morgan!!!

MS65. I see a hit next to mint mark. (shrug)
And you grade it MS65 based on that? :o
If it's in an OGH than I think 64... They didn't care that it was an O Mint Morgan...They saw all the weakness as a detriment..

If it's in a newer slab I will say 65..

Appears I pulled a fast one on all'a'ya. :grin: All except monkeyman anyways...as he saw the grade ATS. ;)

Think it'll upgrade? :grin:

8434589O.jpg

I'll post my own pix as soon as the coin arrives.

pretty nice coin. The reverse looks flawless. I think I see a couple of marks on the obverse. I would guess MS66 with 67 not out of the question. Nice pickup.

edited to add: Very nice indeed, and it will probably upgrade.

ttt'd to add my pics. The marks on the cheek are fairly light...I still think it can go 64. Also its a VAM-7A which is an added bonus (at least for me ;) ).

DSC07966.jpg

DSC07964.jpg

DSC07956.jpgDSC07958.jpg

great eye appeal

obverse ms64

reverse ms65

my grade ms64 but too flatly struck on the obverse for ms 65

and i grade this coin $250.00 -$275.00 so i have no problem with ms64