• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had an MP3 player that can display images and videos ....

22 posts in this topic

... would it be just too darned nerdy to have coin images on it? On the other hand, I've been wondering if it isn't a convenient way of sharing coin images with friends?

Any board members have coin images loaded on their iPods?

... would it be just too darned nerdy to have coin images on it? On the other hand, I've been wondering if it isn't a convenient way of sharing coin images with friends?

hm might be pushing the envelope....

Oh.... doh! It's James... It's cool bro (thumbs u

My wife got a Sansa View for Christmas. 18GB storage (expandable with microSD cards), plays movies and music, displays photos, plays and records FM radio, and records voice.

It's got nice resolution, but I wouldn't bother with coin images - the resolution isn't that nice. It's been pretty fun for her, though.

Err, just for the record, I DON'T have an iPod - can't afford it! I have a cheap MP3 player, but it does display images. Just no coin images .......... yet!

lol

Err, just for the record, I DON'T have an iPod - can't afford it! I have a cheap MP3 player, but it does display images. Just no coin images .......... yet!

lol

It would be cheaper yet if you just stuffed all of your coins in your pocket to carry around to show people. lol

Chris

Yes.

But keep in mind that the iPod down-samples images and converts them to a lesser bit-depth (so they appear grainy or the colors appear "terrace-like").

I received an iPod Classic for Christmas :cloud9::applause::banana: So far I have over 2200 songs and about 600 pictures on it, including some of my coins. There is still another 70 gigs of memory remaining, enough for the rest of my music library and many more photos. It is an easy way to share a quick look at a coin, however, the size of the screen prevents it from being as nice as a computer monitor or in hand.

A quick Google reveals that the Ipod Classic is $249, and I think that's one of the cheapest items in the "ipod" line. And really, who ever needs 160 gigs of memory on that thing. Does anyone really have 40,000 songs?

A quick Google reveals that the Ipod Classic is $249, and I think that's one of the cheapest items in the "ipod" line. And really, who ever needs 160 gigs of memory on that thing. Does anyone really have 40,000 songs?

It can also be used to hold pictures and video.

I have one of the last monochrome iPods, a 3G U2 Limited Edition. With 20Gb of disk, it is twice as thick as the iPod Classic! I was waiting to see what the future of the iPhone and iPod Touch would be before upgrading. The announcement earlier today do not add the features I want.

HOWEVER, I do have a Palm T|X with a lot of memory and SD card capabilities. I store coin images on a 1Gb SD card for showing off. The full-screen capabilities of the T|X and the beautiful color of the back lit LCD screen makes my images look great. I had someone offer to buy my LIRR Sesquicentennial Medal just from the image! This medal is not for sale, but it was nice to show off like that!

Scott :hi:

I really like the iPhone, and its nice because I'm already on Cingular. It's just that's a lot of phone, and I'm not sure I'll ever use half the stuff on it, so it's not really worth it to pay that much.

I really like the iPhone, and its nice because I'm already on Cingular. It's just that's a lot of phone, and I'm not sure I'll ever use half the stuff on it, so it's not really worth it to pay that much.
I carry a cell phone, I own an iPod, and a Palm. I need both the cell phone and Palm for business. The iPod keeps me sane while I am in my office pounding the keyboard... it also has a copy of my schedule, which is a good backup. But it would be nice to have just one device. I am waiting for the iPhone to combine all three function. It does a great job combining the cell phone and the iPod, the PDA functions I get with the Palm are lacking. I also want more memory or a way of using an SD card. And it needs to use a 3G network for Internet access. If Apple fixes those items, I would buy one in an instant.

Scott :hi:

I have coin photos on my iPod. In fact, I have saved some of the cutouts you have done James, and they go straight on the iPod.

I haven't put any coin videos on there yet, but I might have to look into that.

PS: I have a 4GB iPod Nano 3rd Generation, it costs about $149, and can hold both pictures and video. There's an 8GB version, that runs about $199.

i really do not know what an mp3 player is but i guess if i had one or an ipod or some wireless information transmitter

of course i would be e mailing and sending coin images to different coin peeps

James,

I have loaded my entire coin file on my iphone. I will show you my coin collection (including some coins I no longer own), at the St. Louis show in February. The screen on the iphone is like a miniature high definition television. If you would like, I will also show you Steelers highlights from the five Super Bowls that they won.

The nearly-ex wife has multiple electronic “mp,” “ifoot,” and “whatever-DAs.” So far she has lost all data at least three times, corrupted her PC with Apple downloads, and fiddled with dead batteries at 2am several times. When I hear a midnight “shreeeek” I know it is not a mouse – just a dead PDA.

I have a small paper notebook and a cheap rolodex. Haven’t had the battery die yet! If I want fuzzy coin images, I take off my glasses!

I will buy a PDA as soon as I can load the cat on it, then erase the file.

James,

I have loaded my entire coin file on my iphone. I will show you my coin collection (including some coins I no longer own), at the St. Louis show in February. The screen on the iphone is like a miniature high definition television. If you would like, I will also show you Steelers highlights from the five Super Bowls that they won.

Cool!

(thumbs u