• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bald Eagles 12:00 (ET) tomorrow

23 posts in this topic

I'll buy the dollar and the half and probably one of the Young Collector.

Got the mailing from the mint today with a note about the wrong pricing that was in the mailing. Thought that a bit funny after they post the wrong specs on the coins on the mint web site.

I like the coins except the reverse of the Seals ... but I really like the obverses. I plan on getting the 3-coin set. But I'm waiting until Thursday to order so that I can get my half dollars and Sacs (and ASE) at the same time and save on shipping. Gonna be an expensive order. :(

I like the coins except the reverse of the Seals ... but I really like the obverses. I plan on getting the 3-coin set. But I'm waiting until Thursday to order so that I can get my half dollars and Sacs (and ASE) at the same time and save on shipping. Gonna be an expensive order. :(

I wouldn't think you would have to worry about these being invoiced at one time. These Comms usually don't get shipped until a couple months after the release/purchase date. When shipped will be when you are billed. I can't afford mine right now but I'm gonna get my order in and hope that the ship date won't be until I can afford them. If not, I'll just cancel the order.

I wouldn't think you would have to worry about these being invoiced at one time. These Comms usually don't get shipped until a couple months after the release/purchase date. When shipped will be when you are billed. I can't afford mine right now but I'm gonna get my order in and hope that the ship date won't be until I can afford them. If not, I'll just cancel the order.

I know they'll ship separately, but you get billed for shipping once per order. Since these aren't going to sell out in 2 days, I'd rather be a miser and save $5 on shipping and just wait to combine it with the stuff on Thursday.

Well the mint ordering page is down for a couple days and the Ph.# just winds up telling you they can't take your call, to try again later. What a cluster!!

Has anybody had any luck getting thru by phone? I've been trying for over 2 hrs now and keep getting the response "we\are unable to answer your call at this time, please try again later".

Has anybody had any luck getting thru by phone? I've been trying for over 2 hrs now and keep getting the response "we\are unable to answer your call at this time, please try again later".

Same experience here, since 12:45 PM.

Beijim

I'm going to try to get the young collector's set since on 50,000 sets made

Clarification: The Coin and Medal Set (EA9) is limited to 50,000 copies. The Young Collector's Set (EA8) will be produced to order based on the number of units requested from January 15, 2008, to April 15, 2008 (assuming demand doesn't cause the overall limit of 750,000 half dollar coins across both proof and uncirculated options to be exceeded).

Bald Eagle Commemorative Coins Press Release

Beijim

Well the mint ordering page is down for a couple days and the Ph.# just winds up telling you they can't take your call, to try again later. What a cluster!!

Typical of a government organization. Pick the few days when a new product will be coming on, one they have pushed, and they "change providers"

Bureaucracy at its finest..... :kidaround:

Now "change upper management" would be a welcome announcement... lol

MM

Yes I did at about 5:25 EST. I tried at about 4:00 PM and could not get through. I started again at 5:15 and kept redialing until I got a line. I was on hold about about 10 minutes.

Leave it to the mint, or rather a government agency, to have their website down in the day they were introducing a new product. The stupid phone message even talked about how much better it is to order through the website. lol

It still galls me that they continue to play games with product quantities. The three piece set, which is something I wish they had offered for ALL of the commemorative coin programs, is limited to 25,000 units. That's probably more than they will sell, but it still gets tiresome that they need to play games. :frustrated:

The mint should sell as many items as they can for a specified period during the calendar year. There should be NO refused orders because of mintage limits. If something becomes valuable, it should be because few people ordered it, not because of limits on mintages.

I'm on hold right now. :wishluck: Now if they disconnect me, it may upset me.

Just got in and got my order for the1 Silver Proof Dollar and 1 Uncir.Dollar :headbang:

I got through this morning after trying 5 or 6 times. I purchased 3 of the silver proofs and 3 uncs and 2 each of the clad halves. It still blows my mind about the web site. I wonder if the telephone operators are about to snap...

Think the TV guys had any problems ordering theirs .Nope how many day till their on TV

for sale already graded and ready for sale. My guess 2wks at the most maybe less than one