• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1955 DOUBLE DIE CLEANED OR

14 posts in this topic

Quite possibly. I know that MS70 just doesn't do good with copper and can sometimes leave a pinkish tint that I don't see. It's really hard for me to say.

yup, ms70 will turn copper pink, blue. search the threads, youll find out about that. as to this 55 ddo, lots of rub, not to mention the hit on e of liberty, and the hit in front of lincolns face. pics are not good. funny angles and minipulated lighting???

Even if cleaned/whizzed/dipped the coin would still probably net MS60. Bobby, do you see a rub that would place it out of MS. I don't right off hand. I feel sure the color is off and maybe a fingerprint above the date, but the seller is only offering it as MS60. That should bring above $3K. Obviously quite a few are interested with 8 days still to go in the auction. We will just have to wait and see.

The Rub doesn't bother me at all for this coin. I would have been leary if it looked harshly cleaned, but this coin don't jump out at me like that. With what looks like a fingerprint you mentioned Jim, would be the reason for so much rub also. I think this coin may have been in the hands of an unknowing person of what they had. JMO

Sometimes you have to look past the coin and check out the backdrop..

It looked off to me so I hit the auto fix and this is what I got;

MVC-811S1.jpg

MVC-810S1.jpg

I bought a Raw coin some time ago on EBAy but it was not from them.It as advertised as a DMPL. The coin did not looked cleaned etc but the photopgraphy made it appear toned.

I needed the slot and won it at a good price.

I sent the coin to NGC and it came back as a 1897 MS63 PL.