• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fresh Back from PCGS

20 posts in this topic

Do you have to request "reverse in the front" slabbing?

Both NGC and PCGS will slab the coins with the "reverse in the front" if they feel that there is a good reason. Typically, special design, VAMs that concern the reverse, DDRs and other errors, and toning are acceptable to them. They will also do this for State Quarters. I have a set of proof State Quarters slabbed by ANACS with the reverses facing front.

BTW: The color is ok... I am not into toned coins. Sorry!

Scott :hi:

Nice coins. Crank that saturation up much higher, and my monitor is going to explode. ;)
If anything I think Mr.B. downplayed the coin.

There's a difference between saturation (what Pat changed) and exposure/brightness (what you changed).

It would be a mistake to confuse the two.

Listen, I'm not saying the coins aren't nice -- quite to the contrary as those are coins I would love to own -- but the photos are juiced (specifically through saturation enhancement)...Mike

Listen, I'm not saying the coins aren't nice -- quite to the contrary as those are coins I would love to own -- but the photos are juiced (specifically through saturation enhancement)...Mike

Not really. Modified on single click, "quick edit" (takes care of focus and brightness) through my software photo program. I've seen heavily edited, saturated photos and usually the slab itself, including the insert looks distorted/fake too.

Pat, I would respectfully suggest that either your camera or your "one click" fix is saturating the colors. The shot of the slab shows clear saturation enhancement in the blue insert. The colors of the coin are also a clue, but I've not seen the coin to say for sure. However, the insert never lies. While I may be a (relative) noob to coins, I am anything but when it comes to digital photography. Respectfully...Mike

p.s. if you would like me to show you what happens when an insert is saturated, so others know what to look for, I'd be happy to. I'll try and shoot some examples tonight or tomorrow night....