• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First purchase from "I Like Coins"

13 posts in this topic

In case you've been under a rock or out of the country: there is an alternative to the 'bay that has been started by Christian Merlo, a member here and ATS. I'm hoping that everyone will support it, and that it continues to grow into something that collectors (and collectoarders) can really benefit from. I've been watching for some MS67 Roosevelts for a while, but I saw this 66 and couldn't resist it. :)

So- enough talk- here it is: (sellers's pics)

9684119892186022711292007185244.jpg9684119892186022711292007185258.jpg

It takes a little getting used to, but I've been playing around on it for a couple of weeks. One thing that I don't care for : when doing a search, every time you add a parameter (like denomination, date, mint mark) the screen "reloads," which is kind of annoying, but I've learned not to sweat the small stuff. :)

There doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic there yet, so there isn't a lot of competition for coins(yet). I was the only bidder for the one that I bought.

Edited to add: There is also a "bourse" & best of all: NO buyer's fee! :grin:

Nice pickup of the roosies there Justbob and Harv. I have that site saved and went on there once. Haven't checked it out lately. Of course, I haven't been buying anything lately either.

Thaks for the kind words, and for the purchase, JustBob!

We're working right now on making the site look more professional, and easier to use. We've learned a lot since building it the first time, and are putting what we learned into the site. The search issue is already fixed in the new page, and I'm looking into a fix for the one that's out there now. We anticipate the upgrade to take place toward the end of the month. eMail me at christian@ilikecoins.com if you'd like a sneak peek (it's not done yet, but you'll get the idea).

From a marketing standpoint, we're planning more marketing in the numismatic publications, and other means (I had fliers distributed at FUN by a dealer friend of mine, and plan to do more of that). We're also running the site completely free for sellers until March 1 (sorry for the spam, but since we were already talking about the site, I figured I'd throw it in).

We have some great coins on there now- I've put some of my best up for auction, and the other sellers have some awesome coins there as well.

Thanks to everyone who takes or has taken the time to check us out. More great things to come!

As always, you can contact me directly at the email address above if you have any questions.

--Christian