• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My favorite FUN show new purchase.

25 posts in this topic

Nice coins were very hard to find at FUN and when you found them they seemed even harder to buy. I found this coin at the Coin Rarities Online table at the pre show just hours after I arrived in Orlando and my first thought was "This is gonna be a GREAT show!" Turns out it would be the best of the six coins I ended the week with. Final tally (2) type coins/ (2) patterns and gulp! (2) error coins, my lowest take home total from a FUN in 18 consecutive years of attendance. Still overall a good show.

I have never owned a more eye appealing Draped Bust half. Thanks again John :)

1806_Draped_Bust_Half.jpg

It's an outstanding coin that I was fortunate enough to inspect in-hand the shortly before the FUN show when Dave and I spent an afternoon in CT talking coins and sharing some nice pieces. If I had the money for the piece at the time, it would never have made it to FUN. (thumbs u

I was fortunate enough to bump into Mark and to see a couple of his coins. It's hard to imagine that those coins even exist. The only worthwhile things that I was able to share were some plastic sleeves to protect his slabs. lol

Draped bust half/dollar is one of my favorite design and I have a few of them, but I never thought it could be that beautiful (worship)

Coin collecting would be much more fun if I could afford that kind of coin :grin:

IGWT

The plastic sleeves were greatly appreciated. Sorry I managed to leave the show without saying goodbye it seems in addition to being OCD I have somehow contracted ADD (must of picked it up at a coin show possibly when I shook hands with saintguru? :grin:)

Thanks again it was great chatting with you as always :)

Mark

Wow! Beautiful coin. 18 consecutive FUN Shows. That is something. I've only been to one and that was about 5 years ago. Best show I'd even been to. Maybe next year.

You Know that whenever Boiler posts a Pic. it's going to be a stud.

Excellent coin .

I braced myself before I opened this post, seeing that Boiler as posting it.

I still fell off my chair.

What a GORGEOUS coin!!! :golfclap: That's the sort of coin that will bring a BIG smile to the owner as you kind of giggle over it. Nice pickup. (thumbs u

Thanks for all the nice comments guys :) This is a fun and exciting coin to add to the collection.

majorbigtime- I have adopted a policy of not attempting to grade coins from digital images although I do find images useful in determining if a coin is worth a closer look. My hats off to you for your brave attempt :) You are within 10 points which ain't all that bad when you consider the subjective nature of coin grading and the multitude of tools available in photoshop. :grin: