• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few of my favorite coins from the recently concluded Heritage FUN sale...

24 posts in this topic

I viewed (or, in many cases, breezed through) approximately 3500 lots in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and ended up bidding on roughly 100 coins. Although I did not buy any of the ones below, each of them stood out as among the most impressive and/or beautiful to me. Based on the prices realized, apparently other bidders liked them quite a bit, as well!

For some reason, recently, I have not been able to post images of Heritage auction coins like I used to be able to do, so I have provided links, instead:

1855 Proof Large Cent

1800 Draped Bust Half Dime

1827 Capped Bust Dime

1876 Seated Liberty Quarter

1821 Capped Bust Half dollar

Word is the purchaser of the 1821 half believes it to be a proof - I can see why.
I heard a rumor to that effect, but must disagree with that assessment. As impressive looking as it was, it sure didn't look like a Proof to me. By the way, I was the under-bidder on the 1876 Quarter that I linked and I heard another rumor that Lady Legend bought it. :mad:

:devil:

Word is the purchaser of the 1821 half believes it to be a proof - I can see why.
I heard a rumor to that effect, but must disagree with that assessment. As impressive looking as it was, it sure didn't look like a Proof to me. By the way, I was the under-bidder on the 1876 Quarter that I linked and I heard another rumor that Lady Legend bought it. :mad:

:devil:

Darn you Laura!!!

I was :kidaround: with Mike King about him going for that 1821, for he needs one...that is one spectacular bustie, that is for sure!

I agree. I was watching the 1870 proof coins but they all got out of my price range rather quickly.

RANK 1 is not good enough for you :)

Yeah I Know I do the same thing :)

I love the Proof Cent but the pictures look somewhat FAKE (colouring). I bet knowing MARK this coin is probably fabulous in hand!

50963-lf.jpg.63c3e5505b6c77bddaa878d71ba576d4.jpg