• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIll this one get BB'd

11 posts in this topic

Quite possibly Harv. It looks like it may have had an old cleaning/dipping. I just say this because the coin looks a little too bright to me. Others who are better may have different opinions. I like it though and looks to be about a VF20

Doesn't look original, but the TPG's can be forgiving on older coins.

That said, if there were no problems, I would grade it VG10. The obverse looks a little weak, whether it be weak strike or wear.

'Afternoon, Guys.

I thought I would jump in here as well. Grading is fun except I'm not really terrific at it by any means...

I have my ANA Grading standards book here in front of me but before I look, I am going to go with the VG 8 as did another reader. The color troubles me though and I also believe it has been cleaned at some time or other.

OK...ANA says for the obverse, VG 8 "Obverse, Entire head is outlined with half of hair details worn smooth...Eye, ear and clasp are barely visible. All letters in LIBERTY are readable. Stars are flat." I think this is a pretty close match.

Rev, "Eagle is boldly outlined with only a few feathers showing on the left wing. Some letters in the motto are very weak or partially worn away. Head, top of shield, talons and olive branch are nearly smooth. Eye is visible"

I like VG 8.

RI AL.