• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since the coin moderators control the boards so well.............

7 posts in this topic

does that mean the forums are not considered a true democracy? Does this mean a benevolent dictatorship? Or will the moderators crack down one day and become totalitarian, purging members right and left, like on the PCGS forums? Can it, will it, ever happen? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH news.gif

I have the feeling that these moderators care. That might just be a totally wrong feeling, but they project that they care.

I don't think that they will go on a rampage. However, if NGC were to lose their key personnel to PCGS, were to drop to second place in submissions, were to have dozens (hundreds?) of complaints about damaged coins, were to see the sight-unseen bid prices widen, and were to have their most ardent supporters start to question their ability to provide the most bvasic of service, then I guess it might happen that they would go on a rampage.

That might just be a totally wrong feeling, but they project that they care.

Too much psychotherapy for you! insane.gif

Hoot

I think that the posting velocity on this site is significantly lower than the velocity over at PCGS. This does two main things; the first is that it occassionally allows tumbleweeds to blow through our discussions and, more to the point, it allows, and indeed encourages, posts that are better thought out and written. That might seem like a strange statement, but think about it a bit. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif If you don't have to be aggressive and a fast poster to be heard then you are more likely to spend some time thinking about the topic and writing something less attention grabbing. The PCGS site is partially a victim of its own success as we "old-timers" at that site can testify to. Hopefully, those who control the boards at NGC have learned from the PCGS paradigm and are willing to change when needed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

does that mean the forums are not considered a true democracy? Does this mean a benevolent dictatorship? Or will the moderators crack down one day and become totalitarian, purging members right and left, like on the PCGS forums? Can it, will it, ever happen? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH news.gif

I like to think there's a noticeable difference between a democracy and a clueless mob. Who wants to read about alot of ranting and raving that's going nowhere? 27_laughing.gif

Leo