• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on 20 francs gold "lucky angels" *UPDATED WITH EDGE PIC

39 posts in this topic

In the future, I think it might be very wise if you would limit your purchases to items purchased by you directly from the US Mint or other world mints.

This is a good point that Tom makes but you’d still have to watch the mailman and make sure he didn’t swap out your order with a fake gold coin.

lol

Guys, I'm sorry for obessing about this issue so much, I really am. I hope I didn't frusterate or annoy any of you. :sorry:

No no. I’m just playing with you. I’m glad to see that you’re taking my joke well (thumbs u

Oh. Well it was funny, good job! hm

coin is geniune...................

i agree with tomb

next time you buy any raw world gold only buy it directly from the mint

OR

slabbed by ngc or pcgs

The characteristics of the edge lettering are another indicator that the coin is genuine. A cast coin would have much worse edge lettering, as would a struck counterfeit (if it had any edge lettering at all).

In the future, I think it might be very wise if you would limit your purchases to items purchased by you directly from the US Mint or other world mints.

This is a good point that Tom makes but you’d still have to watch the mailman and make sure he didn’t swap out your order with a fake gold coin.

lol

Guys, I'm sorry for obessing about this issue so much, I really am. I hope I didn't frusterate or annoy any of you. :sorry:

No no. I’m just playing with you. I’m glad to see that you’re taking my joke well (thumbs u

untitled.jpg

Boy are we glad Kevin can't fly Yet!!

MeinCockpit.jpg

lol

untitled.jpg

Boy are we glad Kevin can't fly Yet!!

MeinCockpit.jpg

lol

If you look at Bill Fivaz's book on counterfeit US gold coins , page 185 1924 Saint Gaudens $20 (example 1)

Edge: Many stars and/or letters appear to be falling off the edge of the coin.

This is the same exact thing I've seen on my gold angel!

Despite people telling me it is normal just the way it was struck.

I'm not sure if this is the same with gold angels, but I doubt it.