• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

world cherry pickin

17 posts in this topic

im cherry pikin out of 22lbs and it is fun! im into about 3 lbs so far and being i dont have a krause yet im just pulling kool stuff and stuff people collect already.

tokens:

scan0080.jpg

old goodies:

scan0081.jpg

jackson goodies :)

scan0082.jpg

I would love to get one of those huge world coin lots off of Ebay one of these days. I would want to get one that supposedly leans a bit older, but I need to get the 19th century krause first.

I have no idea what half of those things are you pictured, but they look cool.

I agree...I think I might buy a few pounds myself...I have the Krause catalogs from 1700-present (4 of them)..it might be a fun and relatively cheap way to enjoy the hobby....

The 22 pound bags are $360, not $125. That works out to be $16 a pound, which is a little high compared to others. But is the mix good? How much older stuff, and how much, if any, silver? Any American, Mexican, Canadian? I'd be interested in some general statistics when you get farther along.

Undoubtedly an amusement park token from Dyrehavsbakken ("Deer Park Hill"), the 425-year-old Danish park which is supposedly the oldest still operating amusement park in the world.

The Danish denominations had changed from skilling/daler to ore/krone just a few years earlier. It's probably 25 ore, as 25 krone would have been quite a bit of money for a parent to spend on his kid (in multiples) in 1885.

i havnt gotin to silver yet! i have been going through and seeing what sets i can build. i have found 1 full set so far and im moving on tonight. the krause is awsome ! huge but awsome. im going to grab some more next month for sure. i recomend it! it is great fun!