• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS has been sold BEWARE

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm a member of the NGC along with a number of other coin collecting clubs and organizations. I sent a large nunber of coins to ANACS for grading in October. They recently sold the business and I have not be able to contact them by telephone or e-mail. I contacted the USPS since my coins were insured. I was told they were delivered. I don't know what ANACS has done with my coins and there seems to be no way to contact them. The telephone number has been busy for two months and they do not respond to e-mail. Do you have any idea what actions I can take. I hope others are aware that they should not be sending coins to ANACS at this time.

Randy Fowler

Hello, I'm a member of the NGC along with a number of other coin collecting clubs and organizations. I sent a large nunber of coins to ANACS for grading in October. They recently sold the business and I have not be able to contact them by telephone or e-mail. I contacted the USPS since my coins were insured. I was told they were delivered. I don't know what ANACS has done with my coins and there seems to be no way to contact them. The telephone number has been busy for two months and they do not respond to e-mail. Do you have any idea what actions I can take. I hope others are aware that they should not be sending coins to ANACS at this time.

Randy Fowler

:o

All coins are being shipped to Colorado under guard so you should be getting your coins once they're settled in.

Another poster here posted the info from their website and supposedly ANACS is going to be back to Normal on the 2nd of January 2008 and will be taking submissions as well as sending out deliveries as of the 2nd.

I have not checked the ANACS website for a week but I would think that if they are back to Normal that thye would have a new website and a new phone number in Colorado especially since they are being advertised on HSN.

And don't expect to get through on the phone anytime soon. Right now everyone and their brother that has coins sitting at ANACS, plus thousands more who don't but who are curious as to what is going on, are calling them. There's probably no way they can possibly handle the call load, and of course the people with coins there that can't get through just keep calling over and over keeping the lines tied up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it takes over a month to get the phone lines open again.

I received a phone call at 6:30 PM EST tonight in Florida. It was somebody named Kevin from ANACS to tell me that they had my coin.

I told him that I had Mail confirmation that it had been received in Austin on the 24th and he said that was possible but that he had just received it and that they were calling everybody to inform them about their coins.

I neglected to ask him about his Department but perhaps others know Kevin.

So I know that my coin which arrived in Austin on the 24th is now in Colorado.