• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you sell to ....?!

12 posts in this topic

ok here is the situation. i have newer listing letting people know that i just take paypal right now. but on the rest (older) listing they just list paypal as payment box. but i have had 3 people win then tell me i dont have paypal. should i just relist or wait for checks?

and ive also had 2 people win and just send a check in the mail without telling or anything. then they complain when i make them wait for check to clear.

all my new ones are listed with it in description. but it still only says paypal in payments taken section in all others. im closing down store and want to start a 50% off sale to clear out and that would be lots of listings to redo. if no other payment type is listed doesnt that just say "no checks" cause its not an option listed :P i will allow these last people but im not responsable for there not reading.

thanks for feedback.

Exactly. You can say you only accept Pay Pal but if you accept checks then you need to specify a time to clear.In todays Electronic age a Check can clear in three to four days even out of State once it is received but the shortest time I have seen listed on Ebay is 7 days.

i dont take checks! thats the prob. i have had 3 people in the last week just win never say anything and just send a check. no warning.or win and then say they only pay by check or m.o. on none of the listings do i say send check or money order to anywhere :P

Ant,

For the sake of your piece of mind and that of your customers, bend your rule and take a check and then change your listings(yes all) to say that you do NOT take anything but PayPal. Trust me, it will be worth the trouble. JMO

It depends on your site. If you have it listed that you do not accept checks then it is not up to the Buyer to decide that they only pay by check.

Some have it posted that they will only accept Pay Pal.Some have it posted that they accept Pay Pal, M..O and checks and the Seller will hold the checks for 10 days to make sure they clear.

I never heard of anybody that ships the same day yhey receive the check.The seller is then rolling the dice as to whether the check is good.

I would think that if you had it posted that you do not accept checks and the buyer sends you acheck that you could inform the Buyer that you do not accept checks and it is posted on the site and unless they cancel the check and send you a M,O or go through Pay Pal that you are going to void the auction.I would check with E Bay first but I am pretty sure this is the case.

You could also inform them that you do not accept checks but in this one instance you will accept it but they will have to wait 10 days until the check clears or they can send you a M.O. etc and cancel the check and you will hold the item for x number of days and relist it.

Under no circumstances would I send the item without waiting for the check to clear.

If you want to take Pay-pal only, and this is a store listing or fixed price.....You can set up the page that, before the item will sell, the buyer MUST have Pay-pal.

You can 'Bulk-Edit' you current listings.

I see the "Buy-it-Now' button with "Immediate Pay-pal Required" next to it all the time.

Paul

i have colsed my store on bay. and am now going through everything to relist or trade. in all of my auctions, in the payment methods taken zone, there is only paypal. so i just wonder why they think its ok to send something else. i still havnt even recieved a money order from any1 that said they wer sending :( so from now on in my posts the buy it now will only work with the emidiate payment required, and the first sentance in description will be" that paypal if the only way to pay".

ive been told it is eazier to sell from brick and morter than from net. and im starting to see why.