• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO IS THIS GRADING SERVICE?

20 posts in this topic

I can't see their name, but the fact that they graded both those business strike coins as MS70 makes me believe it is some home slabbed (AKA SCAM) slabbing service. Total trash.

THIS SELLER ALSO HAD A 24 COIN SET OF STATEHOODS IN MS 69

Hi and welcome to the boards.Do you have a better pic.On the PCGS board there is a poster named CONDER101.He could tell you as much as you want to know about almost any slab around.

In the future if you don't mind could you make sure your caps lock isn't engaged.It makes it a little difficult to understand your posts if you are shouting.

Hmm, in the upstatecoins auction where pic came from he says PCC certified. So I do a google search on "PCC grading" and a comic book certification company pops up. I go to their site and first link is back to this site! Talk about going around in circles smile.gif

http://www.popculturecertified.com/

dude they liked it so much they posted it twice

popcorn.gif

Collectors-Society Board

ComicCollectors.net

The Good The Bad The Ugly

Comics, the Internet and...

What's It Worth?

Spiderfan.org

Classic Conservations

Valiant Revisted Overview

Teako170.com

CGC Feedback

Collectors-Sociey Board

NewKadia

After 2 days of waiting for a reply from the seller he tells me

that this is Premier Certified Coins. I am looking around for

some info on them now. Slabbing service may be a more accurate

description. Thanks for all the input. I would like to see how

satisfied a buyer is with these or possibly how many points they

would lose in a crossover from pcgs or ngc.

There's a company I know of called Premier Coin Grading and Authentication, but they go by the initials PCGA and name is on front of slab. It's going to get confusing with all these "premier" coin grading companies out there. blush.gif

279008-pcga.jpg

I grade this coin MS64 FWIW.

279008-pcga.jpg.6af67683166ae50efc7f937703330e6b.jpg

This is my first time posting here, but I had to jump in on this discussion.

I actually bought 20 coins from them in a dutch auction. I was under the impression that I was buying PCGS and NGC coins but after reading the auction a second time I saw where they said that the coins were graded by PCC, CGS, and MM. I had never heard of any of them, but by then it was too late as I had already made my bid.

My fault, I know. Maybe I was in too much of a hurry when I read the ad, I'm not really sure now. Live and learn, as they say.

I don't know how to grade proof coins well enough to say what they are but I'm quite sure these coins are *not* accurately graded.

Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will try to put some up for you to see.

Just to throw my 2 cents in. In most of these cases there is NOTHING wrong with these coins and if you saw them in person at a show then you could just pay the appropriate price.

BUT in these cases the issue is the slab and NOT the coin. These crooks are simply trying to pass off pieces of plastic as legit grading services. Frankly, I don't see why or how PCGS or NGC couldn't sue the pants off these guys....

These are particularly dangerous to newbies who not only are new at grading they don't understand the coin market, which can be a "shark tank" at times....as evidenced by these pieces of plastic...

jom

If all you bought are modern proofs (S mintmark) you're probably OK. They're specially prepared for collectors and most come straight from the mint in 68+. I'd be very cautious of business strikes (P&D mintmarks) in high grades however, as they were meant for general circulation and finding a 68+ requires something akin to a miracle.

Hello Coinaholic. In my search for information on this particular

grading service I went to a site that had general info on about 15

different grading services. www.allcertifiedcoins. I emailed them

and they hadn't heard of pcc either. Check them out next time you

have a question about a particular service. Needless to say I will

shy away from this particular company. Nobody seems to be familiar

with them. Don't let the bad experience with this 1 service put a

damper on your collecting. There ARE a lot of good people involved

in this hobby. Many of them will take the time to answer questions

and help with your needs.

Yes, these are all S mint marks. And they are no doubt high grade proofs. I just think the grading is kind of funny when one coin has the distinction of being a "PR70 cameo" and another is just a PR70, yet they look virtually the same. Also, it seems that the real grading services have "deep cameo" which I don't think any of these are, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, hopefully I will be able to get these out of the slabs without doing any damage to them. I don't necessarily want to send them off to be graded, but I don't like the idea of keeping them in slabs from a second rate service either.

If you're going to have them regraded just send them in the current slabs and specify "cross at any grade" on the submission form. Otherwise they'll only cross them if they'd grade 70 again, which isn't likely. Saves you from the risk of accidentally damaging one.

If you're going to have them regraded just send them in the current slabs and specify "cross at any grade" on the submission form. Otherwise they'll only cross them if they'd grade 70 again, which isn't likely. Saves you from the risk of accidentally damaging one.

An ms/pr 70 will never cross-grade without taking it out of the holder since the edge must be inspected first. "Cross at any grade" then it will be cracked out and graded but not if you insist upon it crossing to the same grade.