• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a picture of your favorite coin you bought in 2007 for LESS THAN $50.

45 posts in this topic

Here are the rules. The coin must cost less than $50, tax INCLUDED. If it is slabbed let us know what the grade is. If you have 2 favorites it is alright to post both of them.

This one is raw, and it cost me a lot less than $50.

Roosevelt58DObvSm.jpg

Roosevelt58DRevSm.jpg

The one that I really like is a Post Colonial Connecticut piece that I picked up at a local auction. The Auctioneer identified it as "an old British Coin" It only cost me $7 and is not worth much more than that perhaps 3-4 times but It pleased me that I was able to identify what is was and shag it.

Rey

PostColonialRev.jpg

PostColonialObv.jpg

It's a shame about those awful stains on your Roosevelt, SkyMan. If you'd like, you can send it to me, and I'll see that it's disposed of properly. :grin:

(Really sweet coin, guy!)

Actually, $50 is quite a bit of money per coin for many sets, such as Kennedy halves. It's surprising how quickly you're into the thousands when you look back at how many you had to buy for $50, or even $25!

Here's a coin that cost me $50:

h183304.jpg

I got an almost complete (minus about 5 or 6 coins, out of the 48-coin set) of BU Roosevelt Dimes for $50 plus shipping. One of my best purchases of any year for near $50!

paid $35 for this one as an MS61 in an old ANACS/ANA/PNG slab..cracked out and got upgraded for an additional $16.50..

I am not a color guy :)

But nice Color :)

This is probably one of my favorites, a beautiful former TomB 1943 quarter:

025-0030-775.jpg

Runner up:

For value, I don't think you can beat paying $20 for this 1934 PCGS AU58 half:

(I paid for it with a $20 bill I found on the ground!)

050-0039-775.jpg

that Walker is very sweet...for the life of me I don't see the wear from the pics that make it a 58...with that strike (especially on the reverse) it looks like a 65 !!!...

and that bust half dime would fit very nicely in my Dansco 7070...