• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Australian Silver Koala - "One of First 5000 Struck"

5 posts in this topic

This may have been discussed ad nauseum in the past but, I couldn't find anything in the search

I was wondering if this is another version of "First Strikes"? How did this work? Was it the first 5000 graded by NGC or are they really the first 5000 from the Perth Mint's assembly line?

Also, does anybody know if this will continue into the following years or is this a 2007 thing only?

Thanks for everyone's help!

If it said on the insert, "One of First 5000 Struck", then it is actually one of the first 5,000 struck, not just graded by NGC. I've seen these type inserts for some British and Canadian coins - usually bullion.

If it said on the insert, "One of First 5000 Struck", then it is actually one of the first 5,000 struck, not just graded by NGC. I've seen these type inserts for some British and Canadian coins - usually bullion.
Yes, that's what it says on the insert. Cool to know that it actually means something. Thanks!

Do you know if this will continue into 2008 onwards? 2007 is the first year for these coins.