• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint releases preview pics of the 2008 presidents

4 posts in this topic

Well, as we've been discussing the Congress passed a law that, among other things, moves the mottos from the edge to one of the faces. Interestingly enough though the mint just released preview pictures of the 2008 coins that are more of the same from 2007. Does this mean that the current theme will continue in 2008 and that the change won't occur until 2009, or are these pictures NOT what the coins will ultimately look like?

Or at least not for the first couple issues of 2008, It really can't for the first issue since they have probably already been produced, or at least a large number of them. They probably already have the dies ready for the second issue and depending on when the proof or mint sets come out they have to have enough dies ready to strike those dollars. To make changes this late in the game would cause real problems. I really can't see them changing any earlier than Jackson, and I think they shold wait until 2009. (Who knows we might be able to get the clause kill before then, but I doubt it and I don't think they would even try if they could.

You never know, if this is done mid-way 2008, there will be two different sets of proof dollars that would be minted. It could turn into some valueable purchases, kind of like the 1995 proof SAE's.