• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas COIN Raffle for the Boy Scouts - Destroyed fundraiser by SNOW & WIND

83 posts in this topic

Come on, people! Where is your holiday spirit? It's all going for a good cause.

If you've already PM'ed your participation, at least acknowledge it, here. It could be contagious.

Chris

Every little bit helps and you win a bounty full of coins - I may add more tonight to try to entice people to help out in this good cause.

m

I was hoping for a little better response ... especially from those who 'appear' to be pretty well off here on the boards.

Would it hurt so much to try and help these kids out ??? I thought my friends here would be amiable to my cause ... I CAN AFFORD to send my two boys to camp, but there are those that will not be able to this summer because of this ...

I also donated cash to the fund, to help a few others go to camp, along with this coin lot ... Its not much but at least you will have some return for your donation.

Sorry rambling again ...

Regards,

m

Just going back through the thread and here is what is up for the raffle:

Up for raffle, with ANY $ amount you can donate, is

2007-d First Day of Issue Washington President Dollar BU

(Collector Society Freebie)

1897-p Morgan Dollar PCI graded AU58 ( I think it is MS )

This was discussed here previously and I posted pictures of said coin and NO ONE said it was an AU coin.

2007-d Sacagawea PCGS graded MS66

Sharp strike no off coloring

1970-d Kennedy MS66/67

This one was also discussed on the boards here with its die polish lines showing.

1991 MS Silver Eagle ( Raw )

No spots sharp strike

1898-o Morgan Dollar ( MS Grade Raw )

Sharply definined breast feathering

1987 P&D Kennedy ( Raw ) MS66/67 Grade

Low mintage

ALL ITEMS LISTED ABOVE WILL BE INCLUDED TO THE RAFFLE WINNER.

Here are the participants: Dwaine, Chris (cpm9ball), Just Bob, Rey (rbroan4), Michael (pendragon1998), Bobby (bsshog40).

I am throwing in two James Madison PCGS First Day of Issue MS66 P coins Postion A & Postion B.

Mike, if the Pats make it 16-0, I'll throw in a 2007-P Sacagawea Business Strike, NGC MS68.

However, if they fail to complete a perfect regular season, I'll throw in a 2007-P Sacagawea Business Strike, NGC MS68. :screwy:

Chris

Mike, if the Pats make it 16-0, I'll throw in a 2007-P Sacagawea Business Strike, NGC MS68.

However, if they fail to complete a perfect regular season, I'll throw in a 2007-P Sacagawea Business Strike, NGC MS68. :screwy:

Chris

Even if they dont win ( Which they should ) I hope that Brady at least beats CRY babies record ( Manning ) -

Jerry Rice's Record was an abrreviated season so I dont think If Moss beats that it would be as impressive as Brady's would be now that he has a few weapons to use like Manning always had.

ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THAT COIN GOING INTO THE POT ???

ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THAT COIN GOING INTO THE POT ???

Of course! Did you forget that I had 14 of the 34 that were graded MS68?

I'll put it in the mail on Monday.

Chris

Nice Reptillian creature you got there .. Yours or a gift from the Siblings

:makepoint:

The breezeway between the garage and the house is stamped concrete. I went outside one day, and this little 4-foot fellow was right below the sill of the door. He was having a hard time moving because the finish on the concrete is fairly slick. It gave me enough time to get some photos, and then I picked him up and put him back in the empty lot next door.

Chris

Morning, guys. I'm not very good at this, but here goes: The turtle appears to be a Painted Turtle Chrysemys picta . I'd call it AU details - cleaned, but NT. Still has plenty of luster, though.Hard to tell without pictures of the reverse.

The snake has to be a Corn Snake, Elaphe guttata, which we call a Chicken Snake here. Well struck with lots of detail, original surfaces,no visible marks, luster looks a little fuzzy, but it might just be the picture. I'd say MS66.

How did I do? :)

Chrysemys picta picta / Double the fun AKA Eastern Painted - That thar is the very rare FRED variety. Definitely Cleaned weekly along with its 'holder'. Definitely UNCIRCULATED THOUGH as I have owned it since 'minted' :)