• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help! what is it!

16 posts in this topic

im selling this as spot and cant read thedate but 1702 is what my eyes think they might see. but what is it. is it realy rare or a common coin.

scan0029.jpg

scan0030.jpg

No time to look through 15 pages of Great Britain in the 18th Century Krause.

If no one else has come through when I get home in several hours, and you have posted size information, I'll see what I can come up with.

i need to pull my sale due to , i dont think mine is real! it weighs 4.4g not 8.4 :( and thats with the extra weight for the necklace thingy :(

i need to pull my sale due to , i dont think mine is real! it weighs 4.4g not 8.4 :( and thats with the extra weight for the necklace thingy :(

It may be a different denomination? What does it measure size-wise?

The date can't be 1702, as that is 25 years before George II took the throne!

It also can't be the same as the spade guinea link, since that is a George III coin.

Bottom line IMHO is fantasy piece - correct size and half weight just doesn't add up to unlisted genuine. c038.gif

as i stated b4 and as you can see in pics you cant see the date! i had a gold test done today and it is gold just dont know what it is for sure. we did a file test on it on the edge and it still showed gold. only spot that turned brownish on test was at the added on part( curly qs)

The obverse has a left-facing bust of the king with the legend GEORGIVS II DEI GRATIA (GEORGIUS II DEI GRATIA between 1739 and 1743),

1761, 1763–1779, 1781–1799, and 1813. All the obverses show right-facing busts of the king with the legend GEORGIVS III DEI GRATIA