• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of this 20 center?

21 posts in this topic

I believe that to be an excellent upgrade, relic. Very nice strike, clear S, truly a lot of detail showing in the cloth on Liberty and the feathers on the Eagle. Nice pickup if you bought it.

Well, I just had the winning bid on this coin.............for $355. The coin is raw, but the seller has a return policy. If the coins turns out to be a problem free 55 or 58, then it's probably a pretty darned good deal. We shall see.

JJ

I think it is very nice, of course hard to tell from the photo especially with the angle of the shot the top left of the rev is hard to judge, something also might be going on with lower right where the cents is. As to the reverse top right rim and the Lady Liberty herself could be messed up. But if I wasn't so nutso I would say it is a very nice coin from the pics. I collect these and have a 1875-s in a pcgs ogh ms64 which I believe is an upgrade candidate and a 1875-cc in a pcgs ms64 toned. Both are fun to town, yours looks like a great one to own too, and the price is right that is for certain, hopefully the photos aren't deceptive.

Mike...what the heck makes you think this was cleaned in a way that makes it non-market acceptable? Dipped perhaps, but not cleaned in the sense there are hairlines all over the place (at least not in those photos). Even if dipped, the coin appears to show decent luster so that that the luster wasn't burned off.

cleaned choice au

pass.................................................................

I agree, but I would have to think a little harder than you before passing on this one. Yeah, it appears to have been dipped, but it is still a pretty decent coin, I think.

cleaned choice au

The seller has a return policy. So for the cost of shipping I will be able to inspect the coin and pass or play. What gives you the indication of being cleaned? I see a few contact marks (as one would expect on an AU coin) but certainly no hairlines in the photo.

JJ

So hard to tell anything for sure by those pics but I don't see any signs of cleaning and there is no wear visible on the breast feathers of that coin. Makes me wonder about the left areas of the coin that look like wear. Could this just be the light source?

I'm very interested in seeing better pics when you get the coin. I've got a feeling this coin looks far better in hand.

Mike...what the heck makes you think this was cleaned in a way that makes it non-market acceptable? Dipped perhaps, but not cleaned in the sense there are hairlines all over the place (at least not in those photos). Even if dipped, the coin appears to show decent luster so that that the luster wasn't burned off.

just my opinion from the photos sight seen could be different

i hate way whiteish pasty white coins with: i think some hairlines and a common coin to boot

and also when this common coin can be acquired with ease and a little looking in a nice choice au condition with not only a nice killer original appearance but also with superb eye appeal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cleaned choice au

I agree, but I would have to think a little harder than you before passing on this one. Yeah, it appears to have been dipped, but it is still a pretty decent coin, I think.

well i guess it is decent but i am a stickler if i buy a coin for my collection and a common available coin like this with my standards being what they are on a coin like this it would need to be a wopnderfully original eye appealing coin with killer originality and with some looking you can find one and this auction coin is not one of them!

i guess i am super picky and for me the monry is better left folded in my pocket than in this coin

post a photo of your wonderfully original 1876 xf 45 bruce and this is a really scarce coin i rather wait and get one that looks like this coin but a 75-s

yes yes.........................................

cleaned choice au

The seller has a return policy. So for the cost of shipping I will be able to inspect the coin and pass or play. What gives you the indication of being cleaned? I see a few contact marks (as one would expect on an AU coin) but certainly no hairlines in the photo.

JJ

well coins is a personal thing i just do not like the "look" of the coin at all and remember ask ten people on here and get ten different or close answers

i just feel you can do mucho better even if in hand sight seen the coin has no hairlines and with a really strong dip like this it is stillcleaned pasty white to me

just my opinion which i might not give again sorry for my opinion but i think with this common coin you can do mucho better

well prethen lol why dont you buy it then and sell this man your original 1876 hm

or better yet sell that 1876 to me :applause: