• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worth sending in? Error? Die?

12 posts in this topic

Im not up on error and or die cut coins and I know being a 1976 its not worth alot.

But is it worth anything to send this coin in to PCGS or NGC and if so whatTPG should I send into?

This was a coin I pulled from pocket change in 1977-1978 and just now re found it in a box of 410 shotgun shells.

1976jeffo.jpg1976jeffr.jpg

Thanks

Nice off-center jefferson there Ted. I don't know if it would be worth it to slab. That may be a judgement on your part. I think the error itself would sell it, if that's your goal.

Im not up on error and or die cut coins and I know being a 1976 its not worth alot.

But is it worth anything to send this coin in to PCGS or NGC and if so whatTPG should I send into?

This was a coin I pulled from pocket change in 1977-1978 and just now re found it in a box of 410 shotgun shells.

1976jeffo.jpg1976jeffr.jpg

Thanks

Next question is what would I call this? A error off center?

Excerpted from Official Price Guide to Mint Errors by Alan Herbert:

Broadstrike. A coin struck outside the collar, so that the coin metal squeezes sideways from between the dies, the coin being larger than normal in diameter.

Chris