• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

let's see how long this one lasts ATS...........

22 posts in this topic

I think the herd mentality there is very much like when I was in Catholic grammar school, a group of kids flirting with the idea of being exorcised and being so proud they were part of a group that still found favor with the nuns. Pretty pathetic and spineless...ultimately.

I think the herd mentality there is very much like when I was in Catholic grammar school, a group of kids flirting with the idea of being exorcised and being so proud they were part of a group that still found favor with the nuns. Pretty pathetic and spineless...ultimately.

"Herd mentality" there?

What about the herd mentality here by some of the people who have been banned there? Seems like the thing to do is to bash PCGS for everything and then jump on the bandwagon.

Some folks post in both places and think intelligently. Some folks were banned for the right reasons (imho) and some for the wrong reasons (again, imho....like michael, Mark, Conder101, etc).

But, I notice that banning and bashing against PCGS hasn't stopped some people from reading the forums there and running over here to report it. Pretty sad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....would be nice if people just thought for themselves and didn't go for the "bash NGC/PCGS to look like a big man" (goes for both forums as some over there bash NGC for no good/real reason (again, imho)).

A few years back the jelly donut king accused anyone posting here as a traitor to PCGS, which sparked a threatening PM to me. I just laughed it off. Unfortunately a couple posters here took it upon themselves to blast anyone who had nice things to say about PCGS or critique some obvious overblown comments about them. It was so aggravating that I just stayed away from here for quite some time. I enjoy reading threads on both boards and have just taken the position that both companies have the right to run their business as they see fit. Either accept that or leave.

I am not quite so egocentric to believe that me wailing about them will have any positive affect on their business plan no matter whether I agree or not. ;)

I think all of us here that are MATURE should remember we are guests of the PCGS and NGC boards. They provide this service for free. There is no sense in bashing either one.....

If I walked into your house and proceeded to start telling you how ugly your kids and wife were, you would show me the door too......

I would like to thank both boards for providing a forum to share coin experiences on. Even I have a preference to the one I read the most, but I have no problems with either one...

MM (thumbs u

I think all of us here that are MATURE should remember we are guests of the PCGS and NGC boards. They provide this service for free. There is no sense in bashing either one.....

If I walked into your house and proceeded to start telling you how ugly your kids and wife were, you would show me the door too......

I would like to thank both boards for providing a forum to share coin experiences on. Even I have a preference to the one I read the most, but I have no problems with either one...

MM (thumbs u

Kool-Aid drinker! Don’t insinuate that some of my friends on this board aren’t mature then turn around and talk about how you don’t bash the boards. I’d rather you bashed the boards than my friends. You’re a tool. Beat it!

Winston (thumbs u

MM (thumbs u

Kool-Aid drinker! Don’t insinuate that some of my friends on this board aren’t mature then turn around and talk about how you don’t bash the boards. I’d rather you bashed the boards than my friends. You’re a tool. Beat it!

Winston (thumbs u

lol But So true...

I don't bash anything I really don't know about. Both sides have thier 10% of people who can usually mess things up for others. I frequent here much more than I do ATS basically because it's hard for me to keep up with so many misc posts that get brought up there. I tend to feel that the NGC forum is more personal with it's members. I feel more of a friend here than I do ATS. There's not "AS MUCH" rudeness here than what there is there. As for bashing the TPG's. I have no reason for that as I own few slabbed coins and know that what I do own was graded by someone with more experience than I. JMO

Winston (thumbs u

:signfunny:

Lighten up, things go better with humor----Shecky Greene

It's only humor if the audience thinks it is. Much of what I see in people trying to be funny for others is just plain attacks and being rude. Therefore, not humor ;)

As I recall, the thread in question was about PCGS grading practices on seated dimes. That is a coin related and relevant topic. I haven’t studied seated dimes so I have no idea if the concerns were valid, but the topic certainly was.

As I recall, the thread in question was about PCGS grading practices on seated dimes. That is a coin related and relevant topic. I havent studied seated dimes so I have no idea if the concerns were valid, but the topic certainly was.

The poster was complaining that he submitted a bunch of NGC slabbed seated dimes to PCGS for cross over and they rejected all of them. He then proceeded to tell everyone what he thought about PCGS.