• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A tale of 2 1880 S Morgans... Fresh from NGC

14 posts in this topic

I wonder if that second Morgie would of took a bath first, if maybe you could have gotten a better grade.

These are difficult for my scanner to get the color right.. It was the best I could do but I think the colors are more vibrant in hand..

I wonder if that second Morgie would of took a bath first, if maybe you could have gotten a better grade.

These are difficult for my scanner to get the color right.. It was the best I could do but I think the colors are more vibrant in hand..

I see, It looks a little dark with a hint of color, not that I don't like them, I'd love to own them both. The first one just pops a little more, just figured that's why it graded higher.

Now that I look back the first one also seems to have some cameo on the reverse.

Very nice indeed.

I see, It looks a little dark with a hint of color, not that I don't like them, I'd love to own them both. The first one just pops a little more, just figured that's why it graded higher.

Technicaly I would say it's a 64.(The first 80S that is)and to be honest I think the 64 is 65.. hm I think the look of the first gave it a bump..

I am thinking I may have to break down and get to work with the camera.