• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to apoligize, to the Board members, and NGC.

29 posts in this topic

I've been a real jerk lately, I started drinking again after me and my wife split up and at times I just get so angry. I take out my frustrations on people that have nothing to do with my problems, so in light of everything that's happened I will be leaving these boards. I don't know if it will be for good, as of now, but I do know I need a break, and I'm sure you all need a break from my negativity. NGC grades coins the way they seem and all though I've had some bad luck with there free submissions that's know reason for me to assume they do it on purpose, the reality is the coins I sent in were already in holders graded by NTC and everybody knows they over grade so it is my fault for not putting an any grade on my form.

Now as far the the free coin it was a free coin so who am I to complain what I got At least I got something plus free submissions, for $99 that's a pretty good deal. So when I can get my head on straight, and maybe not be so negative, god I hate people that are negative all the time, I'll be back.

Thanks for listning

Richard.

Richard, I can empathize with your situation. I'm still dealing with the loss of my Mom and it has been 14 months since she passed. Sometimes I've allowed this to get the best of me, and I've lashed out at others.

The important thing is that you have taken the first step, and that is the hardest part. If you ever need someone to listen so that you can vent your frustrations, I'll be here.

Best wishes,

Chris

Richard,

I commend you on your honesty and straight forwardness regarding your situation. I can certainly understand how things can happen. I think that each of us or succeptable to "having our moments". As you and I have spoken before, do not hesitate to PM me if you care too.

Hang in there friend,

Rey

Richard, Everyone goes through it.

What you need to know is that there is no chemical solution to spiritual problems.

Be good to yourself and get off the booze.

And stick around. :popcorn:

I also have the upmost respect for your post Richard. We are all human and entitled to feel the way we feel sometimes. There is no one perfect on these boards and there is no one that is excluded from life's ups and downs. We are entitled to be who we are. As long as we know when we are wrong, can face the consequences, and still be able to maintain the respect of others, all will be ok!!

Hang in there, Richard. Even if you don't want to post, please feel free to PM members regarding any range of issues you might need advice on or a sounding board. Good luck in this tough time.

Hang on Richard, you've turned a corner! It takes a real man to recognize his faults and once he has done so, he can overcome them. As previously offered, I will gladly be another outlet for you during your tough times. Please feel free to PM me anytime about any subject. If you let us, we can offer you instantaneous help, advice or just an ear. You have my families best wishes during these tough days.

I actually reported to the Mods that your account might have been hijacked after some of your recent posts (shrug) It didn't seem like you and certainly wasn't what many of us had come to expect from your posts. As they say...to err is human so when you feel like droping buy again.....you know where to find us. (thumbs u

Richard, if you feel like posting here, later or now, I see no reason why you shouldn't. Either way, best of luck to you.

Same here. Find someone or somewhere that cares about you in a positive way - a church, a good friend, a family member - and address whatever you need to address. We all wish you the best and you're welcome to continue to visit here. There's not a perfect individual in our bunch.

Richard,I too have taken a little break at times , and have gotten my batteries re-charged. It always makes things a lot brighter. There will always be friends here to lend an ear. Take care and hurry back.

I want to thank everybody for being such good friends even though we've never seen each other, you have all been very supportive, and you can't imagine how much this helps, I've come to know a lot about some of you, through thick and thin and it really amazes me how caring and understanding you guys can really be, so Thanks again.

Richard

I would think it would be better if you stayed active in the hobby and chatting among friends if other areas of your life are bothering you right now – JMHO. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

~Winston

No sweat Richard, I hope you return after your time off. In our wild, crazy and fast paced world, I find that a good majority of people often taken things out on others. Heck, i've done it more times than I can remember; the key is to own up to yourself and the ones you've hurt, and move on. You're doing this, and it is certainly commendable. Good luck, and hopefully we'll see you back soon!

Doug

I would think it would be better if you stayed active in the hobby and chatting among friends if other areas of your life are bothering you right now – JMHO. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

~Winston

I actually agree with Winston here.......I have been going through the worst time in my life over the past year and a half and I was away from the boards for most of this year. Once I returned, I received the same love and support that you are receiving now and it really has helped me realize that I can make it through this no mater what.

Find your happy place....your temple of Zen if you will.....throw yourself into something you love or something that interests you to kepp your mind off the bad stuff. That's how you heal......you have to keep the negative stuff on the outskirts of your mind and thoughts and then time will take care of the rest. Good Luck (thumbs u

I agree. I haven't been here that long but I have gotten prettty specific help for my problems.

I did open my E Mail and I did get a RSVP Invitation to the "FUN" convention.

Thanks for the replies fellas in light of what you all have said, I think I'll hang out on these forums after all. It's kind of funny, or pathetic I don't know, but the first thing I do when I get home is read these post's. In a day or too I'll be listing some coins I want to send in for my free submissions a couple I want to send in to NCS first. Does anybody know if I can do that? for example if I have three coins I want to send into NCS and two coins straight to NGC, will it still count as five or will it have to be sent in two different submissions? or should I just ask NGC?

Hey Richard, glad to hear that. Just a thought I wanted to throw out regarding the BU slabbed coin NGC provides us when we re-subscribe. The coin didn't really interest me much so what I did is give it to a good friend of mine's 10 Year old son who has an initial interest in coins. I have recently given him a couple of two dollar bills as well as some old Coin World and Coin Value Magazines. It felt good to provide this possible future collecter with a slabbed coin. He thought it was so neat and it made me feel very good.

Rey

That's a good idea Rey I love to give coins to little ones, I just wonder though if they wouldn't bust the buck out of the holder, to buy some candy?

Laugh.gif

Ibyandsellsmith, glad to hear you're staying. I've always enjoyed your posts. (thumbs u

Richard you have taken the first and hardest step, and you found that others out there care about you. When you have troubles. you are sometimes right up against them. It can be overwhelming, take a step back then you can see the path you have to take. Best to you. John