• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First post - saying hello.

32 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this a breach of protocol, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking in the shadows for about a month, and decided I'd like to join.

I have recently gotten back into collecting after a 20 year absence, and I know I have a lot to learn (and re-learn). Looking forward to gathering as much knowledge as possible from you guys and girls :)

Welcome to the forum, JB. Also, welcome back to coin collecting. If you have watched for a while then hopefully you will realize the full value of this forum and make full use of it. Great luck to you and Merry Christmas.

Whether or not you have breached the protocol all depends on who is reading it. lol

The important thing is that you're here, and welcome to our little corner of paradise. Most often I say, "Welcome to the neighborhood!", but James beat me to it.

Post away!

Chris

Howdy and welcome. It will be interesting to see your Roosevelts and even more interesting to see your Mississippi exonumia. (thumbs u

Can't have enough Bobs. :grin: Welcome to the neighborhood. (thumbs u

Are you sure?!? hm maybe there's some Bob protocol in the fine print around here. (shrug):sumo:

But who's counting, maybe I'm really Bob and have hidden that from you all...

Bwahaha :insane: :insane: :insane:

Welcome aboard Bob, glad to see you decide to join in.

Wow! I can't believe the warm reception from all of you!

In answer to your questions, Neko & MikeInFL, I am trying to assemble the finest possible set, within my budget, of Roosevelt dimes (for me - not the Registry).

I also collect exonumia relating to my home state, and I'm putting together an 1853 type set. I do have to say, though, that after seeing CoinAddicts post of his recent finds, I'm tempted to add Busties to my list!