• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transition year coins

6 posts in this topic

Howdy, folks.

After many rewritings my article on transition year coins will be in next month's Numismatist . Did you know if the new nickel design is struck this year, 2003 will only be the 13th year in which two completely different designs on the same denomination were struck in the same year at the same mint branch?

Unfortunately they cut out my entire page of footnotes, so the quotations are left unexplained. Stay tuned!

Congrats Shiroh!

Will you post it here once it's out, for those of us that don't subscribe?

Unfortunately they cut out my entire page of footnotes, so the quotations are left unexplained

better the footnotes get squeezed than advertising!

Congrats! on the article! i'll be sure to borrow a copy and read it.

Congrats, I can't wait to see it. Let's see, we had 1793, 1796, 1807, 1834, 1837, 1839, 1854, 1866, 1883, 1907, 1908, 1909, 1913, 1916, 1921, and 1938. Which am I counting that you are not counting? And how do you treat the 1865-73 period where there were both 3CNs and 3c silvers produced?

Way to go Shiro! I look forward to the article.

Doesn't look like the Mint is going forward with the new Jeff designs this year. frown.gif

Hoot