• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happens after the State Quarter Program ends?

19 posts in this topic

Back to the previous Washington/Eagle design?

A redesign?

Anybody know?

(shrug)

Seems like attempts to extend the Program and include U.S. Territories pass in the House

but die in the Senate; either ignored completely or failed to get enough votes to pass.

How about since the Bald Eagle's been saved we change the national bird to the Wild Turkey like Franklin wanted.

Yeah! A Wild Turkey would be great! Or, how about an Old Crow?

Chris

48921-_MG_2055.JPG.0c31ce874b8200de9a629f6bd4c6ea8c.JPG

48922-_MG_2056.JPG.0da1770350962fcff4e5ec14dc504f72.JPG

How about since the Bald Eagle's been saved we change the national bird to the Wild Turkey like Franklin wanted.

Wild turkeys belong on my dinner plate or in my shot glass, not on my coins.

We're not the French.

And I thank my lucky stars for that.

How about a Plains Indian sitting on a horse atop a small hill looking across the prairie at a herd of bison? That would be different.

We're not the French.

How about a Plains Indian sitting on a horse atop a small hill looking across the prairie at a herd of bison? That would be different.

I might like that, but I think the public might find it tacky. As sad as it is to say, this is not the naitve's land anymore. It's the white man's land. We tried to honor them on the Sacagawea dollar, and when is the last time you saw one of those in circulation anywhere besides the stamp machine at the post office?

We're not the French.

I might like that, but I think the public might find it tacky. As sad as it is to say, this is not the naitve's land anymore. It's the white man's land. We tried to honor them on the Sacagawea dollar, and when is the last time you saw one of those in circulation anywhere besides the stamp machine at the post office?

Does this mean you haven't heard about the plan to put a new reverse on the back of the Sac every year?

We're not the French.

Does this mean you haven't heard about the plan to put a new reverse on the back of the Sac every year?

I have, but they still won't circulate.

How about a Plains Indian sitting on a horse atop a small hill looking across the prairie at a herd of bison? That would be different

As a description it sounds kind of nice, but produce it on a coin one inch across and I think it loses a lot of its "punch".

How about a Plains Indian sitting on a horse atop a small hill looking across the prairie at a herd of bison? That would be different

As a description it sounds kind of nice, but produce it on a coin one inch across and I think it loses a lot of its "punch".

The bison would look alot more like the mighty flea. Then again, people have alot more contact with fleas than eagles or bison, so maybe it is a good idea.