• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Makes Your Collection Unique???

15 posts in this topic

I'm hoping that the people here at the boards aren't content with having an SAE set in MS69--like anyone else could assemble or buy from an ad in a coin periodical......what do you collect or better put...how is what you collect distinctive from anyone else's collection..?? hm

I'll bet many have a collection like mine. It is not very distinctive at all. It's a poor mans collection. Coins in G-VF condition, many types, with a few MS coins and a few proof coins, Raw and slabbed. That about sums it up!!

...how is what you collect distinctive from anyone else's collection..?? hm

Because it's MINE! :devil:

If we are just comparing our own collections to others on these boards, I would have to say there are two areas that make mine distinctive:

1) I have a large collection of 19th & 20th century Belgian & French medals, particularly "Marianne's". However, I have seen photos of other collections outside of these boards that would put mine to shame.

2) I probably have the largest collection of NGC MS67 & MS68 Business Strikes for the 2001 P&D Kennedy, the 2005 P&D CA SQ and the 2007 P Sacagawea only because I haven't sold too many of them. Let's face it, I'm also somewhat of a procrastinator! lol

Chris

Well, my collection is not too unique quite yet, but I am working on it. I am collecting 64 FBL Franklins, which isn't anything special, but I am focusing alot of my time and energy right now on French Colonial coinage, starting in the 20th century and working backwards. I am one coin short of having the Morocco French Protectorate set completed, and it is very nice.

It's a poor mans collection.

You can work wonders with cheap coins. Pick an area that is not very popular but has a lot of potential and you can create an amazing collection for pretty cheap.

I guess I have a collection of old plastic hm ....but there sure are some nice undergraded and PQ coins in the plastic I buy. :banana:

Outside of that I collect toned coins, which are all unique by themselves... :applause:

My collection contains a number of TomB approved coins. That's pretty cool.

Isn't his sticker square?

Just kidding, Tom. You're a great guy. Will you be at FUN?

Chris

My collection contains a number of TomB approved coins. That's pretty cool.

Isn't his sticker square?

Just kidding, Tom. You're a great guy. Will you be at FUN?

Chris

I'm a scientist-coin collector so I am a double geek, but it doesn't mean I'm square! :insane: I think I will be at FUN this year and am looking into getting a hotel room for three or four nights.

My collection can be described, but a large portion of it may be better understood if one were to click the type set link in my signature line and look at the images and read the descriptions.

I have a unique piece, a couple R7s, and many coins that are truly rare by die variety. What makes my collection unique, however, is that there's only collector who gives a hoot (must die) about it.

It's a poor mans collection.

You can work wonders with cheap coins. Pick an area that is not very popular but has a lot of potential and you can create an amazing collection for pretty cheap.

(thumbs u