• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh, gosh, am I bored!

19 posts in this topic

I started my shift at 7:30 so I'll get to leave at 3:30 PM. After That I've got to finish studying for the finals I have tomorrow. (I might study some at work depending on what I can get away with.)

I'm sitting here at work, and it is deader that a doornail. Can someone start a thread so I can have something new to read?

Chris

Why not go over to the Coinzip board. Lots of bustie info to read over there. Just use the linky at the bottom of my signature.

I'm off today..it snowed last night...I think I may take a nap after posting this..or just make a snack and lounge in front of the TV...maybe I'll build a fire in the fireplace and just read a bit with some CD's playing...oh well..either way, at least I'm not stuck at work today... ;)

Union!? That's as bad as working for the federal government. I met a fellow in Reno, NV back in 1982 who was from Detroit. He said he got laid off, and I asked him how he could afford to be gambling in Reno and he told me that he was drawing $1800 a month unemployment.

Chris

You're a ll a bunch of lazy bums, you should all be ashamed of yourselves...makking idle conversation when you should be hard at work...

I've got a candle lit here burning the midnite oil...

Arf!

(tsk) (tsk) (tsk)

Chris,

Go to auctionzip.com and look for local coin auctions in your area.

Rey

Thanks, Rey! I know of only one that is held regularly in my area, and I don't waste my time because, as the owner of a local B&M, he won't give you the time of day in his shop. He's always too busy putting his inflated-price auctions together.

Chris

I have found that this site will show several within your zip code that you may otherwise not find in the paper. Some are junk, in fact a lot, but you never know.

Rey

I'm familiar with those listed in my area, and they're not worth the time. The coins are either junk or over-priced. For example, the one in Ft. Myers (no names) has opening bids close to retail and adds an 18% BP to each sale. The one in Cape Coral has, on rare occasions, coins that would even bodybag with any third world TPGS.

Thanks for the thought, Rey. Now, if you ever happen to see a listing for a 1900 Exposition Universelle Silver Plaquette for the Paris Olympics or a 1935 SS Normandie medal with a woman riding a whale on the reverse, either with a BIN of $250 or less, providing they are in excellent condition, buy it for me and I will give you the 18% BP.

Chris

Union!? That's as bad as working for the federal government. I met a fellow in Reno, NV back in 1982 who was from Detroit. He said he got laid off, and I asked him how he could afford to be gambling in Reno and he told me that he was drawing $1800 a month unemployment.

Chris

Hate to tell you but if your good help you don't get laid off and second Union guys draw just as much as the rest of the world, $1800 wouldn't make my house payment.

Chris

Hate to tell you but if your good help you don't get laid off and second Union guys draw just as much as the rest of the world, $1800 wouldn't make my house payment.

Yeah, $1800 wasn't squat 25 years ago for someone who didn't have to work, and I guess they have never closed any union plants and moved the operations to a foreign country, have they.

How would you like to buy my house. It's kind of small at 9,000 square feet but we have to try to find something that will satisfy you. You don't like the NGC Grading Certificate, the renewal gift or the NGC Luncheon at FUN which I gather you have never attended.

Like Shane said, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Chris

I'm familiar with those listed in my area, and they're not worth the time. The coins are either junk or over-priced. For example, the one in Ft. Myers (no names) has opening bids close to retail and adds an 18% BP to each sale. The one in Cape Coral has, on rare occasions, coins that would even bodybag with any third world TPGS.

Thanks for the thought, Rey. Now, if you ever happen to see a listing for a 1900 Exposition Universelle Silver Plaquette for the Paris Olympics or a 1935 SS Normandie medal with a woman riding a whale on the reverse, either with a BIN of $250 or less, providing they are in excellent condition, buy it for me and I will give you the 18% BP.

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1900-UNIVERSAL-EXHIBITION-OLYMPIC-MEDAL-BY-ROTY_W0QQitemZ250193593682QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3454QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Chris, try this one for the 1900 Medal.

I'm looking for this same piece in silver (argent). I already have the one shown which is silvered bronze. The funny thing is that I paid $140 for mine from the same dealer. Now, I see that he is asking $170 for, what appears to be, one in the same condition.

NOTE: If anyone is interested in the specimen that Rey posted, why not offer Stephane (artmedals) $140 and refer to the one he sold to me for that price.

Thanks for the thought, Rey!

By the way, were you able to check on those railroad medals from tarcit?

Chris