• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mint errors or deliberate maulings??

10 posts in this topic

Found in a tiny little zip lock bag today were these coins. There are 3 enlongated Indian Cents too (not in scan) that possibly got too intimate with a track and train wheel.

Anyway, My guess is that these are mostly all post-mint mangled, but not so sure about the half dollar and the 2 cents, both cents are very thin and smaller than normal.

Not an error collector here...but curious about these. I received a copy of "Official Price Guide to Mint Errors" 7th edition today and it got me thinking...unusual for me on a Saturday.

Have a great evening.

RI AL

errorobv.jpg

errorrev.jpg

Those all look like they were mangled, smashed, corroded, eaten, chewed up and spit back out. The half dollar and nickel are worth what they weigh, but you might have a hard time even getting that.

They look like maybe Detector finds to me. Especially if all were in a ziplock baggie. The 1920 lincoln had me wonedring about a planhet chip but the more I looked at it, seems to be deliberately cut. I'm not sure, just my opinion.

Hey there, Bsshog.

The plastic baggie was mine. Over the years...decades...eons...I just plopped the odd ball stuff into a ziploc (Yes they had them when I was born in 1837) and out it fell today when I was hunting for a book. Maybe if I go hunt for something else...I'll find something good???

NAWWWWW!

RI AL

Thanks, guys! Back in the zip lock they go...to be found in another 50 years. Guess I'll have to put my world cruise on hold until I find something GOOD! Gee....is there PVC in Zip Lock sandwich bags???

RI AL