• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Courtesy of Toneddollars: Some EOR 1963 Franklins.

7 posts in this topic

A couple of months ago Jack pm'ed me about some raw EOR Frankies he had gotten, and wondered if I was interested in some of the "extras" that he was not purchasing. Here are two of them. They are not worth slabbing, (I'd grade them MS63) but I like them and would like to thank Jack VERY MUCH! for keeping me in mind regarding Frankies.

For those of you that are not familiar with Franklins, the years 1959-63 are quite a bit tougher to find decently toned than a lot of the previous years, as the mint sets were plastic flatpacks, not cardboard and paper. The images are by Bob Campbell and I think he did an excellent job.

1963eorB.jpg

1963eorBob.jpg

1963eorTob.jpg

1963eorT.jpg

That second one is simply fantastic. Do you know if these both came from the same roll?

Thanks guys, glad you like 'em. These came from a grouping of rolls (which I never saw). I also got two other 1963's, but they are much more subtley toned. I've seen pictures of the ones that Jack got for himself and they are Beauties! Obverse (and reverse) EOR toners with colors that are even better than the second one pictured above.

If I can get Bob to take a picture of them I will be glad to share them with one and all. These coins came from a half dozen rolls that came into the store when I was there. I bought the best four and then went back and bought the other four for Sy.