• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of beautiful new Bust Halves I thought you might like to see

15 posts in this topic

These two were from a recent BM sale of premiums registry set

There were quite a few that I bid on but was furiously outbid on. The two I did win, are really really nice. I just took these shots and I admit, I did use photoshops autofix on them because they all came out a little hazy, and this corrected that.

48497-DSCN0008_edited.JPG.79bea17f2d59867ec83653f86ebbd8f4.JPG

48499-DSCN0009_edited.JPG.2c1b7cc1044ac31c208b01f2e1768d6b.JPG

48504-DSCN0012_edited.JPG.9c6e869ef4faac29ba7f86f5d97c919f.JPG

48505-DSCN0013_edited.JPG.1f8a4db225afa6a7b9ff1ea83956e269.JPG

48506-DSCN0016_edited.JPG.55ab19d2cb341e3c4d02cb9a1454c37c.JPG

48507-DSCN0022_edited.JPG.f691df8c076e6a759711f0b1bf2c26e5.JPG

I like them, Mike! How did the sale of the Premium set go overall, and do you think it was a fair indication of the BH market?

no, I don't think it is a fair indication of the BH market. I think there was a lot of rabid bidding that exceeded accepted values of the coins, though, it remains to be seen what the future holds...in which case, I could be entirely wrong.

Re the green stuff...yeah, it concerns me. I'm not sure it's pvc, but I need to look into this. Perhaps I should send you (TomB) the coin.

Nice coins, both of them. Congrats!

What a great strike on the '27, schmutz or not. (Haven't heard that word in a long time, Tom -- it put a smile on my face :) )

Thanks for sharing, Mike....Mike

Very nice looking Busties, Mike! :applause: I was contemplating bidding on some of the Reeded Edge ones, but watching the preliminary prices on the RE go up on the website made me decide to go after another coin... a CB dime in MS62. Unfortunately it went for almost 64 money so I was the underbidder on it. C'est la vie. I'm glad someone from here got some of the "Premium" coins. Nice pickups!

Nice halves Mike!

Your images of the '27 really make me think.

In the first set I can really see the green schmutz, and the second set the green schmutz is not as noticeable but there are a few hits on the coin that stand out a lot more. Heck, even some of the "crud" dissapears on the second set of images!

I guess it's how the coin is illuminated? I still have a lot to learn. :baiting:

Ray

Both very nice regardless. Hope the green stuff isnt bronze disease (rare but can happen on busties if the planchet mix is a little screwy like copper spots on gold but far more rare). If it is no real biggie (if it was c/n or copper forget it) a lot of people can usually eliminate that from early silver type. The problem is doing it without changing the character of the coin which I really like!