• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice Proof Cameo Indian Cent

7 posts in this topic

Just learning how to take pictures with my digital camera & here's my 1st attempt. Note that coin is mark free, the smutzy marks are on the holder or light reflection. NOTE: I'm very new at this - so my apologies for the so-so quality of the photo.

IF you'd like give me your "grade" & later in the week I'll post what it is.

(If any one can tell me how to add the reverse to this post I'll give it a try)

589a8b377af2e_273350-HPIM0055rev.JPG.b021a68241545283473d8414f7302285.JPG

(If any one can tell me how to add the reverse to this post I'll give it a try)

You can't. You just need to make a reply to your own post and attach the reverse to it.

Nice looking coin, is it cameo or does the angle of the light just make it look so?

I'm guessing that it is cameo since the title of this thread is "Nice Proof Cameo Indian Cent".

foreheadslap.gifstooges.gif

"Nice looking coin, is it cameo or does the angle of the light just make it look so?"

Tom, its "better" than cameo laugh.gif - when rotated in the light the Indian Princess "floats" on the fields. The coin has orange peel fields, no hairlines & really has great eye-appeal - the photo (this is my1st digital image) does not really show how nice this coin looks. I wish I lived close to Shylock because he would be able to take a nice image to post. (I formerly owned the #1 PCGS Proof IHC Registry set, and this is nicer than any of the coins in that set, 14 of which were cameos - that set is now #3 all time - but almost a third of them were RBs!)

But take what I say with a grain of salt, I like nice Cameo Proof IHCs, & these are like my "babies". cool.gif