• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't seem to be reading the 'New' Coin World as thoroughly....

6 posts in this topic

A small aside to the change in the size of 'Coin World'. I don't seem to be reading it as thoroughly. It appears as though the cropped articles, a little bit on this page, a little on the next page, are subconsciously preventing me from reading as much of the content as I used to. I just noticed this after the last few weeks.....

Maybe it'll just take a little more getting used to.

Paul

I don't subscribe to Coin World (not for any particular reason, I just don't). When did they switch to a new size? I saw the small colorful ones in Barnes and Noble the other day, and I was kind of surprised.

The new format emphasizes to me how much of the paper is ads. I would guess that 50% of the magazine is advertising. The ads are also harder to read but I usually skip over them anyway.

I do not subscribe to any numismatic magazine except for the one I get with my ANA subscrption and the only reason I am a member is to get my collection insured. I have found ads useful in the past to identify the second tier auction firms, but that was before I found out it was easier to just find their website.