• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real or Not Real????

14 posts in this topic

Bruceswar,

I understand why not to bid on this overgraded, ugly coin, but where does it state that is ANACS slabbed? and why is it to be considered a counterfeit. First, I would not buy this coin from the picture offered at a Fine grade price, Second, the scratches do detract from the coin, unlike what the seller says. I just don't see any other than normal Ebay salesspeak.

Looks like a real Liberty Seated to me, and in much better condition than the ones Granny left me in her change purse after her passing.

Too bad it's not a '490.

If I can figure out how to post pictures here I'll include a comparison, including the change purse I found them in....as dear to me as the coins inside.

But if looks like an F-12 grade.

Bruceswar,

I understand why not to bid on this overgraded, ugly coin, but where does it state that is ANACS slabbed? and why is it to be considered a counterfeit. First, I would not buy this coin from the picture offered at a Fine grade price, Second, the scratches do detract from the coin, unlike what the seller says. I just don't see any other than normal Ebay salesspeak.

Jim this coin is no longer in an ANACS Slab. It was sold via Heritage in one. ANACS F-12 Details for $425.00 Cracked out and givin the problem free grade of VF 20. Notice what looks like a backwards 7 scratched in the right obverse field. No doubt same coin.

Thanks, Bruce. I did not see the post ATS. It looks like busting it out of the slab was certainly the thing to do. As the price has already surpassed the VF value.

The coin looks real to me, but the color in the picture is probably way off. I don't think that the coin is that orange if it is "golden" or orange at all.

You can this sort of result when you shoot the picture with an incandescent light source and don't adjust the tint.