• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do or think?

21 posts in this topic

For some reason it is just one problem after another on EBAY.

I bought a BIN The coin is an NGC slabbed Morgan and is a PL. The guy is out of Tampa and has been in Business for 35 years. I checked the Certification Number and. the guys Rep.

I bought the coin Friday. Today which is Saturday I go to pay for it and there is a message to " Hold on Paying for it as they can't find the coin and that it is either lost or stolen".

They say that ' " We do not do business this way and that they want me to wait until Monday Morning until they can go through all their Stock and check for it". This creates a problem for me as the date and the state without the PL does not come up that often and it stops me from bidding on others.

The Coin has been sitting there as Bin for several days.The Numismedia value for the coin in that grade is $300.00 and the BIN was $185.00 so now I am wondering if maybe they thought of this.

The Dealer goes to Coin Shows and has been in Business for 36 years and a mistake doesn't seem logical.

I am just wondering if I will see the same coin down the line for a bigger price?

I'd say that mistakes happen and sometimes five-finger discounts happen. Hold off for a little while and if they don't find the coin soon then just tell them "forget it, deal's off."

I would give him the benefit of the doubt and see if they can locate it. I would hope that one in the business for that long would know what a fair price for himself is. I too hope it turns out well for you.

Rey

I would think so.The coin is in a NGC certified holder so if the same coin shows up again on E Bay then it will be easy to see.For his reson alone I can't see it being deliberate.

If somebody stole it and then tries to sell it in the holder then it will show up on Ebay.

Nothing like this has eber happened to me and you would think that if a Dealer has a BIN that it could happne any time and be available;

Right now all I can do is let him get back to me.

As a small business owner myself, Well a family business. Anyhow. Things do happen and mistakes occur. Being coins are small they can get lost in the inventory shuffle. Give him time. Don't panic yet.

There is really no Panic. He has been in Business for 35 years and the coin is in an NGC Slab so it would be pretty obvious if it appeared again on EBAY if somebody stole it.

I just wondered about my options.I have had a real streak of bad luck lately. I bought one coin and the guy didn't accept Pay Pal. I sent him a check and understood he would have to hold it for 10 days. He sent me acknowlegement that he had received the check and on the 10th day I received an E Mail from him asking if I had made payment and an "unpaid item" filed against me.

Two weeks ago I bought an Item and after five days after making an Instant payment I had heard nothing and wrote him.The guy said he made a mistake and out it in the wrong batch for shipment and was shipping it out that day. I asked for a tracking number and he told me that he didn't have one as it was the U.S.Post office and not Fedex. I had paid an optional $1.50 for Insurance and $6.00 for Postage.I told him that since I had paid for Insurance that there should be a number on there and he got real defensive and then his mother came on and sid there had been a Death in the Family and I had no Sympathy for their grief and that if I filed negative feedback on them that they would do the same for me .I received the Coin 11 days after I paid for it nad the total postage I paid was $7.50. They paid postage of $1.43 which was less than the Insurance I paid.When I asked them what would have happened if the package had got lost and they had not bought the Insurance as requested then what would they do. They answered that I had got my coin and to go away or they were going to file with Ebay that I was harrassing them

Now I purchase a BIN and am told by this dealer that the coin is either lost or stolen.

"I am just wondering if I will see the same coin down the line for a bigger price? "

At this point is way to early to tell...

If I were you, I'd sit tight and wait for what they come back with...MIke

I really don't have much choice. The only thing I can do if the guy says he can't find it is to tell him I will be watching for the coin and its certification number and if I see somebody trying to enter it in a Registry here that I will notify E bay and him .

If I were in your shoes, I would not say anything to him at all. Because to say that "you will be watching" suggests that you believe he is lying or misrepresenting things when, realistically, you do not know anything other than he's not completed the transaction.

While you might keep an eye out for this coin, telling the seller that "you will be watching" accomplishes nothing, and may sour him to you going forward.

For instance, what if the coin is really misplaced and he finds it next week. Do you think it will be offered to you if you're cross with him (which is how I would feel if I were in his shoes)?

Just sit tight and watch for now...I believe it is in your own best interest.

Respectfully submitted...Mike

He is the one that suggested that it might have been stolen or misplaced.I don't plan to say anyhting at this point but what if down the line I see the same exact coin offered wheter it is by the same dealer or not?

He has told me to hold off on paying because it has been lost or stolen. Now I am a little gun shy as I have had teo unpaid items filed against me when I had paid for the coins.

Every time I go to" my Ebay "there is a message that I need to apy for this one item.

We are not talking about an auction where the Seller can cancel if there is an error etc.We are talking about purchasing a BIN

Now it is my understanding that once a Purchase has been made that if it has not been completed after a certain period of time that there has to be a "Mutual agreement" to nullify the transaction.

So somewhere down the line this is going to come up and I really don't want to say 'forget it"

The only thing I have done is to send him an E Mail this evening asking about the status of the coin I purhased on the 23rd.So far he hasn't even answered at all so what happens if I don't hear from him in the next few days at all.\?

If all he does is not answer and then in three more days and then asks me to just sign a Mutual agreement and forget about it then i am going yo have a problem.. I will then have to tell him that I need to ask EBAY for advice

I had an instance where a coin I had purchased as a BIN was sold already by a different employee of the company and mistakenly not removed from ebay.

It being a buy it now reperesents thier intent to sell it as soon as possible so it would be on a first come first serve basis. It was probably sold and the Ebay listing not deleted.

The company I dealt with fessed up and apologised and we moved on ...

I heard from the Seller today. He filled out a mutual agreement form with E BAY and stated that this particular coin had been stolen and several others.He has removed the others from Ebay and made the notation.

In an EMail to me he said that this was "just the tip of the iceberg".Another poster on here says he is a straight up guy.

He is also so going to be at a coin show near my home and told me that if I visit his booth that he will make it up to me.

I can't fault this and I accept it.I can now try to obtain the date elsewhere. The biggest problem is that I have had incidents with three sellers in the last three weeks.One filed an upaid notice on me even after he had acknowleged receiveing the coin and another took 11 days to get a coin to me after an Instant payment because he claimed he logged it in with the wrong batch incorrrectly.Then the guy got nasty with me when I found out he took my Money for Insurance and didn't insure the coin.

I am pretty sure that this third incident is more of a travesty for the Dealer but they all seem to be related to Logging an item properly and/or Inventory Control.

I would also think that the third one would have to be employee related as who could have access to all the coins?

You are correct.Just have to move on.

I have moved on . Other people have done Business with him and say he is a straight up guy. I received another E Mail from him today and he says he has discivered more problems. I asked him if he would like me to keep an eye open and he said that not only would he appreciate it but he would offer a reward for telling him if I see it listed anyplace.

As for the clown that had his Mother answer my Emails it started out as such.

1,He told me that he sent it out six days late because he mixed it up with another batch.

2.He also told me the Post office didn't give out tracking numbers.

3.He told me that he could mail coins anytime hhe wanted and the 10 days didn't start until he mailed the coin.

His mother gets on later and tells me that her son is very honest. I told her that I never had any doubt that he had mailed the coin. I questioned the practices.I asked her agin about the $1.50 I had paid extra for Insurance and the tracking number on the receipt of it.She turned it around that I was complaining about a measly $1.50 which I told her was nonsense as I was insuring that I received the coin. I paid $6.50 for delivery and the $1.50 for Insurance for $8.00 and the postage on the package was for $1.43. I asked hwat would have happened if the coin had been lost as there was no Insurance purchased. I then got a barrage of insults and she said that her Mother had passed away and I was bothering them in their Grief. This was the first I had heard about it.Just one excuse after another.