• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectors' Society Slabs

14 posts in this topic

I have asked NGC on the phone a few times and no one there seems to know what coins have been used in their Collectors Society marked slabs or what years.

Now after a few months of buying and searching I feel I have came up with a list of the various coins and Collector Society marked slab combinations.

Please feel free to help me if you have any others or have seen others so I can add them to the list.

To Start with Ill post a link to my master set. It also contains a few FUN coins.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/ViewPersonalCollection.aspx?UserCollectionID=976&Tab=list

Ill lists them here as well.

1. 2003 there was used a 2003-D State quarter set in the MS65 grade in a multi holder. (This has no year or designation of the Collectors Society, but is marked as Collectors' Society- Limited Edition)

2. 2004 there was used a 2004-P State quarter set in the MS65 grade in a multi holder. (This has no year or designation of the Collectors Society, but is marked as Collectors' Society- Limited Edition)

3. 2005 there seems to have been 2 slabs. Both hold a 1994 Silver Eagle with the grade of MS68. The first has a designation of “Collectors' Society”. The second has a designation with the year. “2005 Collectors' Society”. Both are marked with NGC Collectors Society on the label.

4. 2006 was mix of coins. First we have a 2006 Silver Eagle in the grade MS68 with a “2006 Collectors' Society” designation. Next we have nine Statehood quarters. COLORADO, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, VIRGINIA, NEW HAMPSHIRE that are all marked with a “2006 Collectors' Society” designation. And all are S-Clad PF69 UC.

5. 2007 is another mix of coins. So far I have found a Silver Eagle MS68 with a “2007 Collectors' Society” designation. Then eight Statehood quarters VIRGINIA, CALIFORNIA, KANSAS, MINNESOTA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, SOUTH CAROLINA, WEST VIRGINIA, OREGON that are all marked with a “2007 Collectors' Society” designation. And all are S-Clad PF69 UC.

The last coin I have seen them use is a Washington Dollar. But it has no Collectors Society markings. And I have been told by NGC they will no longer use the Collectors Society label.

Yes this is an odd way to collect coins or slabs but it is fun and I hope to find other slabs I don’t have. Maybe one day Ill have a master list of all they used and the different combinations.

Ted,

I have a 2000 S Maryland PF69 Ultra Cameo Quarter marked 2007 Collectors' Society. #1947961-149. It has the brown label that says NGC Collectors's Society.

What exactly are they trying to say with the slabbing of these coins with this label. I received mine as a gift for joining NGC.

I'm not sure if he'd have any more info, but you may want to contact Cameron Kiefer. He does the sampleslabs.com website and may have more info on what has been used by them.

At Baltimore, there was a vendor who has large bins of "junque" that had several Collectors' Society slabs. Most were not graded or had a grade like "Brilliant Uncirculated." It was late in the day and I couldn't remember why I found these slabs significant. Sorry!

Scott :hi:

Sorry, Ted, I didn't mean anything negative about NGC's slabbing these coins, I merely meant what was the reasoning behind doing it to begin with. I would have no idea of what a coin slabbed this way would be worth.

By the way, here's a page on ebay with a few.

ebay

Sorry, Ted, I didn't mean anything negative about NGC's slabbing these coins, I merely meant what was the reasoning behind doing it to begin with. I would have no idea of what a coin slabbed this way would be worth.

By the way, here's a page on ebay with a few.

ebay

Ahh no harm was taken at all. Would you like to sell your 2000 S Maryland PF69 Ultra Cameo Quarter marked 2007 Collectors' Society jesbroken?

Thanks for the ebay links

Collectors' Society label slabs where given away with new subscribtions and at special functions.

I have asked NGC on the phone a few times and no one there seems to know what coins have been used in their Collectors Society marked slabs or what years.

Now after a few months of buying and searching I feel I have came up with a list of the various coins and Collector Society marked slab combinations.

Please feel free to help me if you have any others or have seen others so I can add them to the list.

To Start with Ill post a link to my master set. It also contains a few FUN coins.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/ViewPersonalCollection.aspx?UserCollectionID=976&Tab=list

Ill lists them here as well.

1. 2003 there was used a 2003-D State quarter set in the MS65 grade in a multi holder. (This has no year or designation of the Collectors Society, but is marked as Collectors' Society- Limited Edition)

2. 2004 there was used a 2004-P State quarter set in the MS65 grade in a multi holder. (This has no year or designation of the Collectors Society, but is marked as Collectors' Society- Limited Edition)

3. 2005 there seems to have been 2 slabs. Both hold a 1994 Silver Eagle with the grade of MS68. The first has a designation of “Collectors' Society”. The second has a designation with the year. “2005 Collectors' Society”. Both are marked with NGC Collectors Society on the label.

4. 2006 was mix of coins. First we have a 2006 Silver Eagle in the grade MS68 with a “2006 Collectors' Society” designation. Next we have nine Statehood quarters. COLORADO, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, VIRGINIA, NEW HAMPSHIRE that are all marked with a “2006 Collectors' Society” designation. And all are S-Clad PF69 UC.

5. 2007 is another mix of coins. So far I have found a Silver Eagle MS68 with a “2007 Collectors' Society” designation. Then eight Statehood quarters VIRGINIA, CALIFORNIA, KANSAS, MINNESOTA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, SOUTH CAROLINA, WEST VIRGINIA, OREGON that are all marked with a “2007 Collectors' Society” designation. And all are S-Clad PF69 UC.

The last coin I have seen them use is a Washington Dollar. But it has no Collectors Society markings. And I have been told by NGC they will no longer use the Collectors Society label.

Yes this is an odd way to collect coins or slabs but it is fun and I hope to find other slabs I don’t have. Maybe one day Ill have a master list of all they used and the different combinations.

Adding the CS 2007 MARYLAND