• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone tried the Microscope Camera??

8 posts in this topic

I'm kind of in and out this next week guys. My wife has been staying with our son in Lufkin,Tx. due to health issues and I'm down for Thankgiving and some deer hunting. Anyway, we went to hobby lobby today and I seen a microscope that also had a digital lens that took pictures via a USB cable to the computer. Has anyone ever seen or tried one of these? Thanks!

I've seen the general concept. I'm a little leary of buying optics from Hobby Lobby, for what it's worth.

Good luck hunting...make some clean kills and help lower those over-populated white-tailed deer (do they have white-tails out in TX? I really should know that, but I'm a bird person, not a mammals guy).

I've had one for about a year now, Bobby. They are pretty cool, but the lowest magnification on mine is 10X and then it jumps to 60X. Too much for coins, as it shows too much of a coin's problems and is kind of grainy.I couldn't afford a high $ one so this was it, QX5. They are a lot of fun for looking realllllll close at coins, but the pics are not so great. Take care hunting, good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to your family from ours.

A group coin Coin Optics has a device like this and showed it in Baltimore. When they demonstrate it, they hook up an old Nikon Coolpix camera to the microscope attachment. They showed a triple-punched D on the reverse of a Washington quarter (I forgot to get the year) in very nice detail on the computer screen.

You can find them at www.coinoptics.com.

Scott :hi:

Bobby, this is the one I've been using...............Pacific Science Model P21511 with a 10x-40x Zoom. I bought it with the optional gooseneck camera that plugs into a USB port. I don't know if they are still available with the camera attachment, but you can check on their website. www.pacsciusa.com

Chris

48032-IMG_1250.JPG.abd6cf8432f16c1db46ae9cb571a2b1f.JPG

48033-DoubledIGWT1.jpg.a1f6e8dfd26cd5f07b90ee2cbd5d0aee.jpg

I’ve has the same problem as Jes... we use one in the science lab and the low is too low and high is way too high. Make sure you buy one that is meant for hobbyist and not for scientific research.

I look forward to your pics!

I appreciate ya'll comments. I was just looking at one, had never seen one before. Can't afford the $140 they want for it right now. It had a 10x lens on it that connected via usb. So this is not strong enough?? and also the pics are grainy!! I guess these questions go out to Jim as it sounds like you have the same one I was looking at. I appreciate the other links there also Chris and Scott. I was really just wondering if these things worked.