• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'll play devil's advocate and take the other side of this story/complaint..

53 posts in this topic

THEN....brace yourselves, cowboys....I called another good friend, Mr. Mark Feld....and asked HIM to look at the coin. Mark is a tough-eye, and with his blessing I would feel A-OK bidding. Mark liked it, I thanked him and decided that I'd give it a shot.

Personally, I feel it's very bad form to utilize a dealer for advice and then bid on your own. Once you asked Mark his opinion of the coin, you should have paid him to represent you.

And then none of this subsequent drama would have occurred....

THEN....brace yourselves, cowboys....I called another good friend, Mr. Mark Feld....and asked HIM to look at the coin. Mark is a tough-eye, and with his blessing I would feel A-OK bidding. Mark liked it, I thanked him and decided that I'd give it a shot.

Personally, I feel it's very bad form to utilize a dealer for advice and then bid on your own. Once you asked Mark his opinion of the coin, you should have paid him to represent you.

:golfclap:

And then none of this subsequent drama would have occurred....

and to think that I thought I lost you at CU?

I would have taken care of Mark if I bought the coin. So go away Mr. Sperber.

If you would have taken care of Mark if you had bought the coin, then why not have him place a bid for you and avoid the phone hassle?

I'm sorry it didn't work out, but that's the risk you run when you try to cut corners.

If you would have taken care of Mark if you had bought the coin, then why not have him place a bid for you and avoid the phone hassle?

I'm sorry it didn't work out, but that's the risk you run when you try to cut corners.

Jay made it clear at the time we talked that he was going to bid on the coin, himself. And, whether he knew it or not, I wasn't even going to be there to bid, anyway. As much as I would love to, I can't fault him in the least for having set things up the way he did. :devil:

Jay made it clear at the time we talked that he was going to bid on the coin, himself. And, whether he knew it or not, I wasn't even going to be there to bid, anyway. As much as I would love to, I can't fault him in the least for having set things up the way he did. :devil:

Ok - that's cool then.

Jay, Why bid $40k on a coin that you think was/is "shy of 'greatness'"? Sounds like B&M actually did you a favor. ;) Take care...Mike

p.s. I would have been angry too.

It's a condition rarity with 300 graded MS64. That's not exactly the kind of coins I'm interested in these days, but I was talked into bidding by a friend. I do feel like I'm better off without it afterthe fact, since I have seen these for ~$35K numerous times. I guess sometimes you just get bored?

There goes the neighborhood.
He won't be coming over here...DH would give him a spanking :popcorn:
Damm :pullhair:

lol

Welcome to the sleepiest of hollows.. :popcorn:

I don't know the history between you two but that sure made me crack a smile. :insane:

I don't know the history between you two but that sure made me crack a smile. :insane:

OK...Bruce and I are quite good friends. We just seem to enjoy needling each other.

Plus he's gay and I don't care. lol

OK...Bruce and I are quite good friends. We just seem to enjoy needling each other.

Plus he's gay and I don't care. lol

lol

Plus he knows I'm gay and doesn't care. lol

So true... ;)