• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller won't quote me a price or contact me????

27 posts in this topic

Ok let me simplify this a bit and get some opinions on a strange situation I am embroiled in right now.......Ebay related.

So I see this coin I like ending on Ebay in about an hour......no bids, no BIN's or make an offer options available. So I think the opening bid is a bit strong for this particular coin so I contact the seller through Ebay and let him know that if the coin did not end up selling that I would gladly pay XXX amount plus shipping to acquire the coin.

While waiting to hear back from the seller I browse his store and I spot an almost twin of the first coin (different date)....but not quite as nice and priced about $20 cheaper than the original.

Seller gets back to me and thanked me for my offer and asked me if I was also interested in the coins' twin that I had already seen in his inventory. I said that I was even though it wasn't technically as nice as the original coin I inquired about but that I would like to try to work out a deal on both coins. Seller contacted me back and asked if I wanted high res scans of the coin....I assumed it was for the coin that wasn't technically as nice so I said sure.

Warp to today....no pictures were ever received and I sent another note to the seller still expressing my interest in the pair of the coins......asked him to please give me a price for the pair......still no contact? (shrug)

Now maybe he is busy but I have money in hand and I am willing to pay a strong price for the pair.....well in excessive of what they are worth but maybe slightly below the original listing price that the coins failed to sell at....I haven't low balled him or even made an offer....to the contrary.....I have asked 3 times for a price and I still don't know.....so.....

Do I walk away and spend my money elsewhere even though I would really like to have the coins?

Do I send him yet another note and run the risk of ticking him off because I am bothering him?

Do I just wait him out to see if he contacts me in the next few days?

This is frustrating and I have never encountered a seller not interested in taking my money :frustrated:

sometimes stuff comes up....I'd give him some time. I know when I'm anxious to get a coin it seems like a lot longer than it is, but to some people (ex: people in the southeast, government workers etc etc..) they tend to have a lackadaisical attitude towards things.....then again maybe he has kids, important family business, or just something unexpected and time consuming came up...maybe he lost power or his server is down......one day--the possibilities are myriad

I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably in no rush to get the pictures done. Perhaps he is busy? Perhaps the coins are at his bank and he can only get there on weekends?

If no contact after maybe a total of 7-10 days, try again. If nothing, give up.

Well as usual.....my patience made me jump the gun....seller contacted me last night and we worked out a deal that was fair for both........I am going to leave you folks hanging and when I get the coins I will start a new thread so you can see these traffic stopper....... :banana: :banana: :banana:

If there are any Roosie lovers around here......prepare to curl up in the fetal position and pee yourself lol lol lol

If there are any Roosie lovers around here......prepare to curl up in the fetal position and pee yourself lol lol lol

I haven't seen the coin yet that would make me do that.

I know how easily amused you are Chris.......I need to make sure you take your meds before opening that future thread......I don't want you passing out on me and drolling on your key board hm

lol lol lol lol lol

:devil:

The coin is that ugly? :o

They are so beautiful you will weep and lose control of your bladder :acclaim: ........or not (shrug)

I know how easily amused you are Chris.......I need to make sure you take your meds before opening that future thread......I don't want you passing out on me and drolling on your key board hm

lol lol lol lol lol

:devil:

A dro ll ing keyboard? I've heard of drooling keyboards.........or is that drooling banjos?

I don't do drugs!

Chris

PS. You should find some interest in a thread I plan in a couple of weeks.......stay tuned!

Chris....no pickin on a guy with fat fingers....we both know I can speel jst fin (tsk)

Yeah, they're shaped like coin-head sperm, aren't they? :devil:

Chris

Chris....no pickin on a guy with fat fingers....we both know I can speel jst fin (tsk)

Chris

We will leave that an inside joke as their are younger folks that post here and this thread could go south quickly if those not in the know jump in to the fray :devil:

Yes well you may have a bladder of steel but I have your kryptonite young man :devil:

:baiting:

lol lol lol

Nah, I have the ultimate defense... I still consider this a hobby and don't get that worked up about it. :)

Well these will get you worked up in a good way....unless you prefer blast white hm

Believe me I am with you on the hobby thing......some would think me nuts for paying the multipes I did to acquire the coins but they weren't an investment but rather I fell in love with the pair and I knew I had to have them.......for me that's what this hobby is all about....unique eye appealing coins that set your collection apart from everyone elses. When you don't have deep pockets....you have to adjust your pursuits and get more strategic with Purchases.......that's what I did in this case :hi:

Chris

We will leave that an inside joke as their are younger folks that post here and this thread could go south quickly if those not in the know jump in to the fray :devil:

You're right! Please accept my apology.

Chris

No reason to apologise Chris...it's an inside joke about a shirt....nothing wrong with that but you know us adults.....our minds tend to wander into the gutter......or in my case sometimes I wander out of the gutter lol

Well these will get you worked up in a good way....unless you prefer blast white hm

Believe me I am with you on the hobby thing......some would think me nuts for paying the multipes I did to acquire the coins but they weren't an investment but rather I fell in love with the pair and I knew I had to have them.......for me that's what this hobby is all about....unique eye appealing coins that set your collection apart from everyone elses. When you don't have deep pockets....you have to adjust your pursuits and get more strategic with Purchases.......that's what I did in this case :hi:

I prefer white. It takes a special kind of toning to make me like it.

Must be good. Look forward to viewing. Congrats on a successful deal.

Rey

Oh ya.....my teaser is that I purchased a pair on PF67 Cam Roosevelt Dimes.....different dates but both target toned on both Obverse and Reverse.....the seller took some pretty good pictures but I want the coins in hand to see if I can do a bit better (thumbs u