• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what is the Best looking State Quarter??

27 posts in this topic

We might as well throw a flipside to the ugliest Statehood Quarters. I think it's really hard to choose. Some look nice but just don't jump out at me. Now I am looking also at the 2008 Qtrs. all designs and the 2008 Arizona coin stikes me as a nice design. What do ya'll think??

I like NJ, MT and RI in that order from the issues already released. The coins not yet released may differ quite a bit in execution and conception.

Any MS69 Business Strike!

Chris

Oh no! I started him up again!! lol

Actually, I'm kind of partial to my 2005-S KS Silver SQ, NGC PF70UCAM, Mint Error, Die Gouge on Buffalo..................after that, any MS69 Business Strike! lol

Chris :hi:

Of the ones that already exist, from East to West, these are my favorites:

VT, RI, NJ, IL, Miss., ND, NB, UT, NV, WA, OR.

Did the United States annex New Brunswick? What do the Canadians think of that?

You know, NEbraska has a good looking quarter!

lol

Washington cuz that's my home state! (I might be a little biased however).

I liked that one too until last night when I got to wondering how a fish has anything to do with "the evergreen state". Sure there's a treeline in the background, but come on... Still, it's a nice little fishie.

Well, I no longer live up there, so I didn't follow any of the designs or reasons so I'm gonna guess. The Salmon fishery is a huge part of the culture up there (native american, commercial fishery and sport fishing). Every restaurant serves salmon up there year round. Just guessing here tho...It is a nice design IMHO.

Washington cuz that's my home state! (I might be a little biased however).

I liked that one too until last night when I got to wondering how a fish has anything to do with "the evergreen state". Sure there's a treeline in the background, but come on... Still, it's a nice little fishie.

Salmon is a very big industry in Bigfoot country.

Chris

I should have read all of the posts, first.

A three-way tie for me...I like Connecticut, Rhode Island and Nevada...

I really like the Alaska coin for next year and even liked the Polar Bear and slogan "land of the midnight sun" better than the one they picked.........too bad Hawaii didn't come up with a design closer to this one....

47886-MVC-433S.JPG.15c181581834927a38cc598808987b97.JPG

I'm reminded of the scene in Top Secret where Omar Sharif plays a spy meeting another spy. His sign is the question, "Do you know of any good, white basketball players?" The countersign was, "There are no good, white basketball players, my friend."

In that vein, there are no good looking state quarters. Maybe the best looking one was a design that was passed over.

I like four or five a lot and my opinion is still evolving but Mississippi is my current favorite.

I used to hate the Delaware because of what it represented but now it's in the top 10.

I used to hate the Delaware because of what it represented but now it's in the top 10.

So you're anti-equestrian, eh?

If so, then I bet he doesn't like Kentucky or Nevada either. lol

I was looking at my Dansco that has the P, D, S, & S and I have to say that all the coins look pretty good in the silver proof. Something about the silver just makes them stand out. I kind of like Michigan with the outline of the great lakes and Utah the best. Can't wait till next year's come out and get to complete my Dansco's.

So you're anti-equestrian, eh?

If you stop to think about it, you'll realize that the horserider facing west gives the impression that he is in a hurry to leave the state. Whereas, if he were facing east, it would give you the impression that he is entering the state because you can't go anywhere east of Delaware without swimming.

Chris