• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Mint will begin selling Dolly Madison First Spouse coins on....

8 posts in this topic

Nov. 19th. To date the prices and coin ordering limitations have not been set as reported in colorful CoinWorld Nov. 26th edition.

Will you be a buyer at the, sure to be higher, new prices ? If so, how many coins will you attempt to purchase ?

I will pass.

Yeah, I'm kinda ticked at the resale on the Jefferson's Spouse coin, though I'm holding onto my two extra in case gold keeps rising.

I was only going to purchase the xx's Liberty coins, but now I'm thinking that I might get Dolly, too, since she was one of the best first ladies in US history, and I like the reverse design because what she was able to save from the White House during the War of 1812 was of incredible historical importance.

I cannot afford gold ladies!! (worship)

Oh the ways that could be interpreted...

I will leave that interpretation up to those whose mind needs detergent additives to cure this problem. lol

And William, the Mint is producing bronze medals with the same designs, if you are interested.

Scott :hi:

Yeah, I'm kinda ticked at the resale on the Jefferson's Spouse coin, though I'm holding onto my two extra in case gold keeps rising.

I was only going to purchase the xx's Liberty coins, but now I'm thinking that I might get Dolly, too, since she was one of the best first ladies in US history, and I like the reverse design because what she was able to save from the White House during the War of 1812 was of incredible historical importance.

Booo ... I just realized I'm going to be on a plane from 11:30-2:00 Eastern Time on Monday (11/19). Maybe I can get my dad to order it for me. doh!

I bought an example the Jefferson - Draped Bust coin and was only mildly impressed with it. I don't think these things are worth the money - not even at the issue price.

Before long the sales are not going to hit 40,000 coins, and you will be able to buy as many as you want. I predicted at the beginning once you got past Martha Washington and Abigail Adams that this series would lose collector interest pretty fast. This situation might create some low mintages down the road that could be "promote-able" (sell to investor types at high prices).

Otherwise I see the First Spouse series as a dead letter for the mint’s marketing program.