• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fugio value?

9 posts in this topic

I know nothing about Fugios, just that I needed one for my type set. I know that this is a Kessler 9, but what does that mean? Is it a common variety, a scarce variety...or what. My online inventory lists the value of this as $0. I think I paid a little more for it about 10 years ago. (Has ICG been around that long?) Once again, your opinions would be appreciated.

Can't find the "clash mark" half dime....

Thanks again! RI AL

fugioobv.jpg

fugiorev.jpg

RI Al,

First of all a Fugio, fantastic, not sure about the Kessler Number, I am traveling and have no access to my reference books, but I find it hard to believe that you don't have an estimated value for this coin. My gosh, what a coin, to me any Fugio is wonderful. I like it and as far as ICG is concerned somenone else will need to tell you how long they have been around.

Have you looked in Numismedia for values, or perhaps Heritage? I have an EF 40 and use both of those for my "estimated" value, but of course that all depends on what one would buy it for.

Rey

Hi, Rey. Travel safely!

Thanks for the input. I don't think Numismedia lists stuff like Fugios, but Mike here on the Chat board sent me a couple links to Heritage sales...now I have an idea as to value.

Many thanks.

RI AL

Thanks Mike!!!! I didn't think of Heritage past auctions. I think my brain cell is needing a good shake.

Appreciate your reply!

RI AL

Conder101, who is a member of our board, published a book in 2003 titled Third Party Grading/Certification Services & Slab/Certificate Varieties and he lists ICG as coming into business in 1998. Your slab matches his image for slab production of 1998-2000. By the way, the Fugio is cool.